Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't status show closed?

tag
Shokk
Established Contributor

Shouldn't status show closed?

I disputed a mortgage TL on my CR.  My ex quit paying for the house and it eventually sold in a short sale.  It was showing as an open account with a balance before.  Got a 21 point jump just fro this TL getting partially fixed.

I disputed and they updated to show 'Comments:Account paid for less than full balance.'  But the status still shows 120+ days past due instead of closed.

2 questions.  Shouldn't it show a status of closed, and is it affecting my score as it is?

Going to work on a GW for the lates.  I know I was still responsible, but I couldn't pay her house payment and rent for myself.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Shouldn't status show closed?

Any $0 balance closed account (good or bad) is viewed as closed by both FICO and lenders. 

That is normal for the status. If the account was ever 120 days past due at any time in the last 7 years, then that comment will show. Once the late(s) are removed, then the status will change, though the settled comment is just as bad per FICO.

Message 2 of 3
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: Shouldn't status show closed?

Thanks for the info! I hope BoA is open to GW.
I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.