Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing one CRA the result of another?

tag
holhat
Regular Contributor

Showing one CRA the result of another?

If one CRA investigates and sends me the results (deleted), is it appropriate to show another CRA and ask that they do the same?  

Also, I sent a DV letter to CA over 30 days ago and have had no response, I am having difficulty finding the appropriate letter to sent to CRA to request removal.  I know it's here somewhere, can someone refer to me to the correct letter?  Thanks!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Showing one CRA the result of another?

It will have no effect on the results of that CRA.  They will not take any action based upon what another CRA did or did not do.
Message 2 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

@holhat wrote:

If one CRA investigates and sends me the results (deleted), is it appropriate to show another CRA and ask that they do the same?  

Nope!Not gonna work.

Also, I sent a DV letter to CA over 30 days ago and have had no response, I am having difficulty finding the appropriate letter to sent to CRA to request removal.  I know it's here somewhere, can someone refer to me to the correct letter?  Thanks!!

Are they still pursuing collections? They dont have a specific time period to respond to your DV but they should cease collections until then. Send another DV to the CA before you do anything else. Two attempts look reasonable. Throw in an email as well to show that you have made all attempts in obtaining validation. When you send the third DV after a month or more, dispute with the CRA as well. That could be followed by disputes to the BBB, FTC,AGs.

Message Edited by nothingman02 on 05-27-2009 07:45 PM
Message 3 of 6
holhat
Regular Contributor

Faxed them anyway.....all they can do is say no right??  Doesn't make much sense that one would delete and one would verify.  Asked XPN to provide me with MOV since TU deleted.  We shall see.... Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No answer to DV letter.   make all changes needed and.....send copy of DV letter...cert # and both sides of the GC.

Your Name
Address
City, State Zip

TU/EX/EQ
Address
City, State Zip

DATE
RE: Account #_________/Original Creditor’s Name
Dear CRA:
This is a request for deletion of a disputed item. I have attempted to have this allleged debt
verified by the alleged creditor and collection agency to no avail. I am respectfully requesting that
"Collection Agency" do what is legally mandated by the FCRA and FDCPA, and delete the account listing.
Name of Creditor/Agency, Account #_________
On XX XX 08, "Collection Agency" received a demand for validation from me. Attached is a copy of that letter along with the U.S. Post Office return receipt showing they did indeed receive the request.
As of today, XX XX 2008, they have failed to provide any proof or respond in any way.
On XX XX 08, I sent a second letter. Again, I have received no response. Attached is a copy of the
letter and the U.S. Post Office showing they did receive that letter.
The FDCPA states they must cease collection activity until they have produced verification of the
alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes reporting to the credit bureaus, which
they obviously have done illegally. It is quite evident that no such proof of this alleged debt exists
or they would have provided it in the previous X months since it was requested.
Also, when an alleged debt is disputed, a notation must be entered on the debtors report showing the
item as in dispute. Again, this was not done. Another violation of the FDCPA. (DELETE THIS PARAGRAPH IF IT DOES NOT APPLY!!)
As per the FCRA, if no proof of debt exists, it may not be reported to the credit reporting bureaus.
The FCRA also states that the credit reporting agencies must accept written proof from the debtor.
Therefore, I am not asking for an investigation to be done, I am requesting that the entry be deleted
in its entirety as there is no proof of its existence as evidenced by my attached documented proof.
Sincerely,

Your Name

Message 5 of 6
holhat
Regular Contributor

Ah, Perfect! Thank You!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.