Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigh..I need to settle...

tag
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Sigh..I need to settle...

BAD CREDIT BEN  that's awesome put a smile on thy face!!! Matter of fact no begging!!!! They are so money hungry they couldnt send Money order back youve got great hutzpah!!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 11 of 16
casmith1980
Established Contributor

@BadCredBen wrote:

Asset Acceptance accepted my PFD offer.... lol

Might be a little old fashioned but i sent them a money order for what i owed (like 95$) and on the bottom i wrote, By cashing this money order, you accept to delete this trade lines from all 3 major credit reporting agencies...

not bu 3 or 4 days later, i get a piece of mail saying they have removed from the CRA lol.....

*Take photo copies of everything you send them. 

Congrats Ben!!!!

Keep in mind though - this doesn't always work.  If I'm not mistaken, no restrictive endorsements have to be honored such as this, but it's great to see that it did work for you :-)  (I was going to do this with First Premier but after reading up on it, I chose not to)

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 12 of 16
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

If i read it correctly, if you put it in the address line, they have to honor it Smiley Happy, or they can not cash it. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 13 of 16
AshCas
Regular Contributor

I'd much rather PFD! I think I might have some room for negotiation with them - technically they're not licensed in my state! I found a good email contact...just trying to draft a good letter...
Message 14 of 16
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Now I remember why I didn't restrictive endorse Smiley Happy. Nevada Revised Statutes don't allow it Smiley Sad Good luck OP!!! I hope you have this one removed Smiley Happy
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 15 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Good point about restrictive endorsements, they are not always enforceable.   If you decide to go this route you should check into state statutes on this.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.