Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up for First Progress Secured **Update!**

tag
enterclevernamehere
Valued Member

Signed up for First Progress Secured **Update!**

Not sure if this is the right spot, but since it's a rebuilder card, I thought i'd post here.  Just signed up for a $350 secured First Progress Platinum card.  Should be here in about a week, and I will let anyone interested know how the card shapes up to be.  They called today to verify my info and it was quite pleasant with English speaking customer service (I believe they are down in Georgia).  Time will tell, I will let you know how it goes......

UPDATE*****

Ok, so I got the First Progress card in the mail after about a week.  They called to verify my info, then sent it out.  I have had it for about a week now, and just charged some gas on it.  I got a score watch today, and this card is already reporting and it bumped my score up by 20 points!  So far, I am very happy with this card.  Easy friendly customer service, and very quick reporting!  At the point, this card is highly recommended to rebuild credit.  I also like that if I pay before my statement, there is no interest and the AF is only $39.  You can also send money in via Money Gram for instant payments, and if you send in more it automatically increases your limit.  So for all interested, I thought I would post this quick update!

Starting Score: FICO EQ = 503 | TU - 504
Current Score: FICO EQ = 561 | TU - 551 EX FAKO = 549
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
lovelylisa84
Valued Member

Re: Signed up for First Progress Secured

I have been having mine for 3 months. I just joined myfico after the card so I dont know how much it helped my score but I have had 0 problems with them. Their interest rate and annual fee isnt that bad and well beggars cant be choosers. No one wanted to approve me for a card. I got denied for secured cards one of which was from my banks who I have had for years.

TU FAKO 5/2013 605 6/2013 617
EQ FICO 5/2013 535 6/2013 623
BK7 Filed 3/29/13
Score Goal:715
Message 2 of 9
Datx
Valued Contributor

Doesnt look too shabby at all. $39 AF, and I dont see any other type of fees. Seems like a good secured card. Do you know wha CRA they pulled? Don't need the card, im just curious.

Message 3 of 9
TsuSurf
Contributor

I'm curious as to who they pull as well.

Message 4 of 9
enterclevernamehere
Valued Member

Trying to find out who they pulled.  I know they don't care what score you have, they approve anyone as long as they can verify your idenity.  I'm not seeing a HP yet, let you know if something pops thru.

Message 5 of 9
enterclevernamehere
Valued Member

Thanks for the feedback!  Have you gotten any unsecured offers yet, or do you not see the benefit until 6-12 months of payments?  

Message 6 of 9
enterclevernamehere
Valued Member

For all interested, I posted an update up in the original post.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
fecfec
Established Member

Re: Signed up for First Progress Secured **Update!**

What is the money gram code? How can I increase my limit, I tried to pay over without sucess? Do you know if there is a limit to increase?

Message 8 of 9
JennaD075
Contributor

Re: Signed up for First Progress Secured **Update!**

This post is from 2 years ago. There might be some newer post's out there about this.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.