Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up for Lexington law

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Signed up for Lexington law

I signed up with Lexington law to see if they can help with removing negative accounts. Any experience with them. I have read good and bad reviews about them. Because I live in Maryland they won't charge me until 60 days.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jbsea
Established Contributor

Re: Signed up for Lexington law

I have no experience with them.  I thought about it and really was going to do it but everyone on here said I could do it myself.  I didn't think that I could and felt like it was so overwhelming.  But I decided it to give it a shot.  Last November I was in the lower half of 500's with 0 credit.  Now I have 9 credit lines and my scores are up over 100 points.  I owe that all to this form and these people.  If you give them a shot you will learn so much.  I also think by doing it yourself you learn about the mistakes and you learn how credit really works.  I think that will prevent anything like this from happening again.  Plus you get to save a lot of moneySmiley Happy

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
I totally agree. You don't want Lexington Law to dictate your credit agenda your entire life. Learning it yourself is the way to go and you will save money. You can do anything Lexington Law can do.

Plus, I hear when you stop paying them items they removed miraculously reappear.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise against using a firm such as Lexington Law. All they are going to do is dispute all negative items on your reports; something you can do yourself.

Caveat: I would advise not disputing items you know can be validated. This will only hurt your credit when the items are validated because the creditors will update the recent activity date.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No matter what they get removed, they are not going to teach you how to re-establish your credit...

Message 5 of 9
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Whats that saying?

Something about giving a man a fish & he can eat for a day....teach him to fish & he can eat for a lifetime.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree with fellow forum members. You can do this yourself and it really does work. I learned everything here I needed to do to clear my reports. Just be patient (I know it's hard.) and tackle problems with each bureau.

In my wallet: Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000; Barclay Ring Platinum MasterCard. 12,500. Total Credit: 61,800.
6/27-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree I used for little while they did more harm than good. They use the old dipute not mine,then by the time you figure out what they have done it makes it hard to do it yourself. Do it yourself that way you learn .I am working on mine and believe it are not you get alot of good advice here good luck.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to echo what the rest have said. 

Tackling this yourself is best, IMHO, and for a few reasons:

1. You get schooled. I've learned SO much from doing this on my own with help from these forums. 

2. You save money, which is kinda cool!

3. There is a larger sense of pride and "feel good" when you do it yourself and see your efforts paying off.

4. In doing it yourself, you also learn what NOT to do in the future. 

When I started down this road I had quite a few uglies on the report. I couldn't have financed a prechewed stick of gum . Now, I have five revolving accounts, a newly refinanced car loan at a prime rate, and my scores are steadily climbing. To be honest, it has been fun doing it myself. I'm competitive and goal oriented by nature, so to see those numbers climb as I put in the work myself is greatly rewarding. I've climbed solidly into the 600's and now its on to 700! 

Another thing that I have read that my be of note is that LL and others like them may be able to get something deleted, but on occasion they will report again if validated. I can't speak to that from experience, but I've heard it can happen. 

Pretty much every resource you need is within these forums. Don't feel bad about asking. God knows, I asked what I would now call stupid questions, and everyone answered with clear and concise explanations. 

"If you want something done RIGHT, do it yourself"

Best of luck to you! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.