Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silly Synchrony

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Silly Synchrony

I have a charge off from 2011 for synchrony pay pal that's been paid and the collection agency deleted. Synchrony has denied 2 goodwill so far. So today I get an email from synchrony PayPal to apply. Made me laugh. Anybody else get offer for something that they still have baddies for? Just wondering if it's common.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Silly Synchrony

Synchrony doesnt hold a grudge forever on paid off derog accounts you can get back in and yes its common to get offers to get a card that one had defaulted on and paid previously
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks gdale6 that's some nice info to know, I had no idea. Maybe I'll try my luck on a lowes card after I close on house. Thanks

Message 3 of 5
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

It must happen more than a lot.  I am in ch13 and get email offers from synchrony bank for pay pal credit card.  Now how do you think that will end up?

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

they closed my account with a balance on it because I was late two times. It was not until I started looking at my credit and figuring things out last year that I notice it was a charge off of the amazon account. I remember calling them and pleading to keep the account open and not to close it and they told me they could not reopen it once closed. I don't intend to be late but wish they would not have closed the account that I was paying down on at that time. Now this has become my last baddie to deal with and the worst as it is with portfolio recovery.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.