Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator Question

tag
LabLady
Established Member

Simulator Question

I used the simulator to look for best course of action to begin increasing my score. According to the simulator, I have $1800.00 in revolving credit . It stated that my best course of action would be to pay that down. Now I am confused because I have no credit cards on the report and do not know where that revolving credit is coming from. I have 16 collection accounts for things such as medical bills, cable, cell phone and electric. Are these things counted as revolving credit? I'd like to pay down but I am lost as to what is being referred to. TIA!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Simulator Question

If your collections are unpaid then their balances still count toward untilization, thus why you have some revolving credit.

For unpaid collection accounts, it's best to send letters proffering Pay-for-deletion before paying any balance.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Guava wrote:

If your collections are unpaid then their balances still count toward untilization, thus why you have some revolving credit.

For unpaid collection accounts, it's best to send letters proffering Pay-for-deletion before paying any balance.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. A charged off credit card will count towards utilization if both the balance and the credit limit are reported but none of the types of accounts the OP listed, i.e  medical bills, cable, cell phone and electric.are considered revolving credit.

To the OP: So you have no revolving credit at all? No LOC's (Lines of Credit) perhaps?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Where did the simulator come from?

Can anything match up to that $1800?

Message 4 of 5
LabLady
Established Member

ulator I used was ther

The simulator I used was the one provided with Score Watch. The only thing close to a line of credit was a charged off car loan but that is for $3700. That's why I am confused lol. My score is 530 right now and I want to get it up to 600 in the next month or 2 so I need to figure this out!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.