cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Six Months of on-time payments and NO JUMP?

tag
Jerel82TX
New Contributor

Six Months of on-time payments and NO JUMP?

Hi Guys-

I monitor my credit using freecreditreport.  They provide credit simulator tools with their subscription service that I find very useful. Nonetheless,  earlier in the year I becuase late on my sallie mae student loans (120 days) and my scored took a big hit. Since then, I've made 6-7 months of on-time payments ( advised by the score simulator), however have not received an increase in score  (571 to 628 according to the simulator). In addition to past late payments,  I also have 3 outstanding collection accounts. Could these be the problem?

I'm extremely disappointed now and looking for solutions. I thought paying off collections wouldn't help your credit? I've gotten most removed with PFD or DVs, however the remaining 3 DC have stated they will only mark each file as "PAID" . Should I simply wait it out at this point? Will 12 months of on-time payments work?

Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Six Months of on-time payments and NO JUMP?

Score simulators are seldom accurate. Just concentrate on keeping up to date on everything and trying to knock out the negative items on your reports. Unfortunately 120 day late hurt for the entire time they are on your reports.

Its a setback, but you will eventually recover.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.