cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skeptical about Cap One Pre-Qual. Update:Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Skeptical about Cap One Pre-Qual. APPROVED!!

Got approved Monday, received email today that cards are shipped! Less than four days!

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved on a Monday, received the cards on the same Saturday - 5 days!

Message 22 of 39
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Congrats! I need to lower my util% before I try for any decent cards/limits next.

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Folks,

Is there anywhere the outlines what scores should be considered before applying for each version of the Cap1 cards and also which cards differentiate which tiers?

My scores are all around 680 and I currently only have 1 credit card which is a Cap1 Platinum that I have had for some time.  I got a CL increase in December 2014 from $1,000 to $2700 and just got another increased CL from $2700 to $4750 this month.

You folks also reference hard pulls, what effect does any 1 HP have on the scores?  I am in desperate need of a new vehicle by means of purchase or lease and I am really trying to be careful of what I do BEFORE securing that vehicle.

Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Skeptical about Cap One Pre-Qual. Update:Approved!

Wallyworld, try cap 1 pre qual site.
Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you check the box that says "average" and it gives you offers, check and see what the apr is that they are offering. if its a range, then it might not be a good change of approval. if its an exact apr, then you have a good change. 

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on their Excellent, Average, or Rebuilding.  I feel that I am borderline excellent although I have a CO from just about 6 years ago still on the CR and I have student loans that were late but I believe are still due to be removed.

@Anonymous wrote:

if you check the box that says "average" and it gives you offers, check and see what the apr is that they are offering. if its a range, then it might not be a good change of approval. if its an exact apr, then you have a good change. 

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking the prequal for excellent and selecting cashback type shows prequal for QS1 and also prequal for Venture Rewards.  Not sure if I should click go or what...how much of a ding is 1 single HP worth?

Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heck.  I've never been preapproved for any cap one card.  Then or now.  But I applied and was approved for 2 personal and 1 business.  So go figure. 

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wally, your results are in.
Congratulations! We think you'll like this pre-qualified card offer.

Cap 1 QS1
Primary Benefit
Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, plus a one-time $100 bonus once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months.
Purchase APR
0% intro APR until March 2016; 17.9% variable APR after that
Transfer Information
0% intro APR until March 2016; 17.9% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amount transferred until March 2016
Annual Fee
$0
You are also pre-qualified for:

Primary Benefit
Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 40,000 bonus miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
Purchase APR
17.9% variable APR
Transfer Information
17.9% variable APR; No transfer fee
Annual Fee
$0 intro for the first year; $59 after that
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.