cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slightly confused with rebuilding strategy. Could use help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slightly confused with rebuilding strategy. Could use help.

Hi everyone! I am new at posting but I frequent the forums consistently to get as much information as I can with rebuilding my credit. It has been such an amazing resource. I do have some questions with trying to rebuild my score and my credit. I have been reading up on a lot of topics and want to see if I have this right. I have a few things left on my credit report that needs removal and two open credit cards where utilization needs to be much lower. I am taking it one step at a time but should be totally cleared within the next few months. First item is bank of america credit card. On my credit report it shows bank of america and status shows charged off $958. It doesnt say a collection agency. Does that mean it's still with the original creditor? Another thing, the SOL for FL is 4 years so im assuming I can just settle with them with hopes for a delete? That is the plan I was going to use. Since it says Bank of America could I still dispute it 609? The last payment was 4/22/2013 so they won't be able to sue me at this point correct? 

Second item is where my confusion is with what to do. It is an auto loan repossession. Santander is the creditor and from reading the forums I see they are a pain in everyones tootie(i could use a much vulger word there). Again, SOL is 4 years for florida i believe however when I did some googling it was saying since it was a repossession, the contract is void at repossession and the SOL starts at the date of repossession and not the last delenquency. Is this correct? If the SOL is in fact the last date of delenquency and not date of repossession, the last payment made to them was 4/16/2014 according to my credit report. It shows charged off $7762. I don't want to wake the beast so would it be best to just not do anything with that until april or may of next year? That will be the 4 year mark. I would hate to try and dispute it or request to settle with them, then they try to sue me for the full ammount. What would you suggest. 

Last thing is student loan with nelnet. Everything shows great except a 90 days past due showing march of 2013 thats showing. I was in the hospital around that time but I did in fact send in forberrance information. I consolodated my loans and everything shows green good and current for all months except that month of march 2013. I could use you all's help with this. Thanks so much for being a great resource in making the what seems impossible, possible...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Slightly confused with rebuilding strategy. Could use help.

Flordia has a 5 year SOL last I checked.  You still can be sued.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 2 of 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Slightly confused with rebuilding strategy. Could use help.

If the student loan is A FEDERAL loan, the lates are not removable. If it's a private loan, you can try a good will campaign. Search "good will saturation technique" here in the forum.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.