Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Process doing the right thing

tag
Sha80
New Contributor

Slow Process doing the right thing

I've paid and kept all my cards reporting at $0 for months & my utilization is 8%. Why does my score increase in small increments only? It's like I'm out o the major score jump club.
Starting Score: EQ: 605 (10/21/2012) Trans/Walmart: 641(10/26/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 678 (4/9/13) Trans/Walmart: 693 (5/13/13) EX: 648 (4/10/13) Lender pull

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Slow Process doing the right thing

Do you have a few lingering negatives? You may be reaching the end of your score card and wont be able to climb much higher with them lingering.

Message 2 of 7
js0319
Established Contributor

It could also be due to the bucket you fall within.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 3 of 7
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

To me, looking at the scores in your siggy, that seems like pretty good improvement for six months. As long as it's still moving up, hang in there. You should feel good about the progress.
Message 4 of 7
koky
Frequent Contributor

What is your mix of credit???
Message 5 of 7
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

You said you keep ALL your CC's "reporting $0" . IMHO, this might be your problem. Try letting one of them report a small balance between 1-9%. This way the Fico gods will see that you're actually using your available credit and managing responsibly. If all your cards are always reporting then Fico might be reading it as an inactive account and reflecting that in your scores. I'm still new to this so maybe someone else might be able to support what I've told you to be sure.
Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.