Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow and Steady Success!

tag
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Slow and Steady Success!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here who's recommended to keep sending GW letters in the face of rejection -- and to encourage those like me who are working on cleaning up their reports.

I started sending out Dispute letters (for debts I don't recognize) and PFD or GW letters (for those I do) several months ago. My first round of letters was met with a wall of "Sorry but our company policy requires that we make no changes to accurate tradelines" responses. I kept sending out letters (picking a new person to write each time). I'm on my 3rd round of letters and I'm beginning to see some positive outcomes. I've had 3 collections removed entirely via PFD, 2 more removed  on disputes when the CAs could not verify the debt, and today I received my very first "yes" to a GW letter!

It was from Salute (I had their card from 2007 - 2009). After 2 previous "sorry, we can't" responses, I received a letter today that says, "We have instructed the credit bureaus to delete the Salute trade line from your credit report."

Yay!

Never give up, people!

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Slow and Steady Success!

Congrats to you on all the year-end cleanup!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

It's so true that persistence pays off...and you get a lot more flies with honey than vinegar.  Keep those GW's on a friendly note & show remorse for the mess you made & remember there's a real person on the other end.  Go for the heartstrings...especially over the holidays!

Congrats again....and have you checked for any score change???  Smiley Tongue

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
CreditAngel
Valued Member

Hi,

CONGRATS to your success!!!  Do you mind sharing the contact information for GW to Salute?  I have a credit card that is closed, paid in full before closing with a few lates and I really would like to get some help with deletion of the tradeline or the lates that have been reported in 2009.

Thanks so much.......in advance!

Message 3 of 4
rope777

I also need help with the contact adress for salute. I have a $2 late charge thats hurting me. thanks 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.