Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowly getting better

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slowly getting better

Even though the CRA REFUSE to remove a tax lien from 2002, they claim it was paid in 2003 but it was paid in 02 last update in 2003.  I've written the state who says they don't send info to the CRA once the lien is paid.  So I've sent MOV letters to them as to how they are validating the dates.   

Sent five more GW letters this month to Orchard Bank to every address imaginable.  Last letter from them was how my balance is at zero...  like that really helps me. 

But got a question I have two collection accounts from Portfolio Recovery one from an account in 2001/02 (past SOL in my state) that they are reporting as opened in 2008, another from 2005 that they are again reporting in 2008 as opened.  I've sent DV via GCRRR, so they can't say they didn't get anything since all of my other letters went unanswered.  Got to love knowing rights since these CA like to try every trick in the book since they keep validating with the CRA but ignorning my DV letters.

Part of what I think is hanging my score is I don't have a lot of avaliable credit.  Most of my credit file is in the form of student loans.  Does having low credit limits on cards hurt?  They are those credit builder kind that rip you off (Premier Bank, Credit One) but still are good for reporting on the CA's.  Would opening up a secured card help?  And if so would getting it now hurt my score when it comes to pre-approval time in August?

TU 670 (re-disputing for MOV), EQ 621 (trying to get this higher) EX ( FAKO 571)

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Slowly getting better

As mentioned, check the DOFD on those CA accounts. You need reports directly from the CRA to see this. EQ will show a DOFD, EX and TU should show a removal date.

DOFD is what determines when CRTP begins running, not date opened.

As for low CL, your CL doesn't play a factor in your score. Your utilization does. So, as long as you keep balances low, the low CL won't make a difference.

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take another look at all the Portfolio Recovery stuff.  They can report that their collection account was opened in 2008, but they can't report that the original accounts were opened in 2008.  Double check your DOFD on the 2001/2002 accounts to make sure they are not trying to re-age.

If you're looking to apply for a mortgage this year (pre-approval time in August?), you should really limit your inquiries.  Sounds like you're doing everything you can to clean up the old stuff.  You take so many hits when you open new accounts, and I don't think you get all those back by August.

Will your existing credit cards increase your limits?

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried First Premier seems to only want to approve me for an additonal card with additional fees..  Smiley Happy  Got to love em..

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned, check the DOFD on those CA accounts. You need reports directly from the CRA to see this. EQ will show a DOFD, EX and TU should show a removal date.

DOFD is what determines when CRTP begins running, not date opened.

As for low CL, your CL doesn't play a factor in your score. Your utilization does. So, as long as you keep balances low, the low CL won't make a difference.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.