Did you mean: 

Small PL for Credit Mix

tag
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Small PL for Credit Mix

@myjourney wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

I haven't heard back from the loan agent. She was supposed to call me back yesterday. Rather than call and ask about it, I think I'm just gonna pass on the loan if she doesn't reconnect with me. I'd rather take an AAoA hit for one more card than a loan for AAoA and balance.

I don't really need a loan and I'm not sure if it's something I should do anyway. 

Any thoughts?

UW can be slow to process loans sometimes hang in there and don't lose hope yet......

Well I know I can push the issue and get it done if I call. Smiley Happy

I'm just not sure if it really WILL help me at all. I see other threads where people are saying, No way! Don't do a loan. So I'm a little confused if it's something that's good for rebuilding or it they mean it will hurt higher scores. Or vice versa.

So many unknown variables. It's like Multivariable Theoretical Calculus. ugh.

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 11 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Firehorse wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

I haven't heard back from the loan agent. She was supposed to call me back yesterday. Rather than call and ask about it, I think I'm just gonna pass on the loan if she doesn't reconnect with me. I'd rather take an AAoA hit for one more card than a loan for AAoA and balance.

I don't really need a loan and I'm not sure if it's something I should do anyway. 

Any thoughts?

UW can be slow to process loans sometimes hang in there and don't lose hope yet......

Well I know I can push the issue and get it done if I call. Smiley Happy

I'm just not sure if it really WILL help me at all. I see other threads where people are saying, No way! Don't do a loan. So I'm a little confused if it's something that's good for rebuilding or it they mean it will hurt higher scores. Or vice versa.

So many unknown variables. It's like Multivariable Theoretical Calculus. ugh.

Lol Now I have a headache Lol

The new issues is Fico 08 and how it seems to ding for not having installment loansSmiley Mad Whereas previous models it didn't matter one way or the other.

People with 800 scores had no installments so until we more understand the algorithm we're all just trying to make sense of 08 together ....now I need a drink Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 13
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

So I've been reading this thread on this topic and it seems the way to go.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/penalized-for-not-having-installment-loan...

I will instead ask the SFPCU loan officer to set me up with a 60 mo. secured loan. 12,99% unsecured vs 3% secured. And then once that's set up will do the same with NASA FCU. Funded from SFPCU.

Yeah, I'm gonna take a hit on AAoA but I will also be house shopping in 18 months so it seems like from reading that thread, in the end, this is a solid plan.

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.