Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Success

tag
credit_questons
Established Member

Small Success

I just started working on my credit score  few weeks ago and I've already had some success. I've removed several late payments (they were old and I'm not sure if removing them really improved my score, but it may me happy). I removed a verizon account that was in collection for $580 due to billing error and I removed an old charge off account from PSNC energy. My experian credit score went from 587 early last week to 599! 12 pts is better than nothing!!

I'm still have 10 negative delinquent accounts. They are student loans. I am consolidating soon and they will be up to date. I know the late payments will stay, but as least I won't be in default. Hopefully that will raise score some more.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Small Success

Any success is better then none...Keep up the great work!!Smiley Happy

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Small Success

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

Any success is better then none...Keep up the great work!!Smiley Happy

HEY LIGHTHIN!!!!  Good to see you back!!!  380i9EA4D55254C66F00

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.