cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Victory - I thought I would share to give others motivation!

tag
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

Small Victory - I thought I would share to give others motivation!

I found this forum in early January while I was on maternity leave. I knew I had some serious credit rebuilding to do and was convinced it would take years. Well I am happy to say that from the info gathered here I have increased my equifax score 64 points and TU score 30 points in 45 days. I am writing this to give some of the other folks here some motivation, I know I needed it in the beginning. I still have a long ways to go but I am so excited and thought I would share!

Loving this forum,

Mommyof2boys

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Small Victory - I thought I would share to give others motivation!

may you elaborate on your victories? I've been trying to improve my score for months, and I am slowly getting NOWHERE!! it's so frustrating...

...my main issues are removing 2 cap one and 1 discover card charge offs...

Message 2 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on improving your scores. What changed?
Message 3 of 11
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to start as I have lots of credit issues. I initially drafted tons of GW letters and sent them off. Then I started the HIPAA process on 8 medical collection accounts and paid off my revolving debt down to 8%. My new CC bal hasn't posted yet so I hope that boosts it even more.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skimpstah,

Capital One charged a card off for me in Feb 08, and I paid it off the next month.  A few months ago, I started cleaning up my credit, and they took that charged off card off my report with a GW letter the first time I sent it in.

Now I'm trying to get them to remove some lates from my current credit card, and it is a pain. They have said no several times to my requests.  But you must keep trying.

Message 5 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

StartingSlow wrote:

Capital One charged a card off for me in Feb 08, and I paid it off the next month.  A few months ago, I started cleaning up my credit, and they took that charged off card off my report with a GW letter the first time I sent it in.

Impressive. I had sent dozens and dozens of GWs to remove 2 lates on a closed acct. that were 6 yrs old at that time without any luck. You got it on the first go around. WTG.

Message 6 of 11
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

Captial One is one of the places I sent a GW letter but they didn't remove the late pays. They sent back the standard letter that states they are reporting accurately blah blah blah.  Can you share the address you sent your GW to or the phone/contact you talked to?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS! With credit no victories are small.

Message 8 of 11
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Congratulations to you - it's so encouraging to see those numbers nudge up, isn't it - even when the overall picture still isn't good.

I've managed to get all 3 of our scores up 25 points in just 21 days, and it feels so good!  One of them has even come out of the "very poor" category and into "poor", LOL! 

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 9 of 11
AfterTheStorm
New Contributor

I mommy, I'm trying to get some med collections removed also but I really don't understand the hippaa process. what info can you share about it?

My CA wont remove it even when offered a pfd. It's about 3 years old. Any gsuggestions?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.