Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small and Larger Victories :-)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small and Larger Victories :-)

Good news:

* A couple days ago, I found that Discover randomly raised my CL by $200--I didn't request it--so I now have a $1,600 CL.

* A few days ago, I requested a CL increase from Comenity/Overstock; they gave me an additional $200, and that card now has a $1,200 CL.

* Less than a week ago, I got a 27-point bump from EQ, which brings it to 642--still in the "Fair" range, but I'll take it.

And the best news:

* I recently got a 38-point bump from TU, bringing me to 680--officially in the "Good" range!

Also, I've been continuing to clean up my hubby's credit files--his credit got destroyed in a vicious divorce five years ago. I've been able to GW-delete five of his paid third-party collections, and got five additional adverse accounts off his report last month via early exclusion (TU), and will be doing the same with EQ and EX soon. Now that we're in a better position financially, I'll next be negotiating (hopeful) PFDs for the four unpaid collections he still has. He also has four judgments, three of which are medical debts that were eventually settled via wage garnishment. I feel we need to consult an attorney about those; I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere about whether our state allows removal of paid judgments.

Additionally, I'm  helping my stepson-in-law with a budget, and getting his credit established--he has no collections, just a thin file. His income is low $30's, and my stepdaughter is a stay-at-home-mom. He got approved for an unsecured QuickSilverOne/$1,000 CL, and also got approved for unsecured Discover/$1,500, no interest the first year.

There's an extra lot of satisfaction in being able to help my loved ones fare better, via things I've learned at MyFico.com, re. credit and debt.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Small and Larger Victories :-)

Congrats! Hard work, diligence, and prudence pay off!!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.