Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small successes

tag
LightShadow
Established Member

Small successes

Thanks to the forums here I've deleted 1 of my 3 baddies and I've had a secured card for the last year with 0 late payments.

EOS CCA - Deleted

RJMACQ - Going to call today since it seems like they're easy to deal with

First Premier - Ugh, been seeing a lot of reports that they will not PFD and they do not respond to GW.  Oh well... falls off in 2 years.

Cap One Secured Card - Doing well, making payments.

EX - 555

TU - ??? (Their site is erroring for me right now)

EQ - 609

Turns out Equifax never had RJM listed and now that I got EOS deleted I'm down to 1 baddie.  Credit score currently at 609 with 100% utilization (used the wrong card for some bills, already paid down to 15% just waiting for it to update).  With it down to 25% they're estimating my score to be between 650-670.  Can't thank you guys enough.

I'm looking to get a new credit card/store card to keep working on building up that score.  Since my Equifax score is doing so well do you have any recommendations on cards that check EQ that I could apply for?  Or resources that would help me find cards that do?

You all have been so helpful,

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Small successes

Congrats, first off.  Especially with the EOS deletion.

I feel like a broken record, but I'd get a Walmart card.  They approved me with the scores you see below (They pull TU) and I got a $600 CL.  That will probably be between 2k - 3k at the end of 12 months based on their CLI policies.  It's a great way to a) Build a history with a useful card b) get high credit limits and prove your worth and c) get a free monthly TU score. (They give you free TU credit monitoring and FICO score if you opt for paperless billing)

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 4
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats. Every little bit counts

Message 3 of 4
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats,

The utilization is what is hurting your score right now. Keep it down to 10% from month to month on the day the statement drops and watch your score go up up up.

You can also try adding another revoloving account, like a store card or secured card to help. Just remember, utilization is factored from your total revolving credit limits, not any one given card.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.