cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Annoyed: Public Record

tag
eats_crayons

So Annoyed: Public Record

I was sued by Chase Bank in 2010, paid in full at time of the court hearing. 

I've been writing GW letters etc, and lo and behold, TODAY, 4 years later, a public record shows up on my Experian report. This is insane! Do I have any recourse? How can they choose to report it so much later, when I'm trying to get back on track? How much is this hurting my score?

I feel like this is 1 step forward dn 2 back, every time.  Smiley Sad 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: So Annoyed: Public Record

@eats_crayons wrote:

I was sued by Chase Bank in 2010, paid in full at time of the court hearing. 

I've been writing GW letters etc, and lo and behold, TODAY, 4 years later, a public record shows up on my Experian report. This is insane! Do I have any recourse? How can they choose to report it so much later, when I'm trying to get back on track? How much is this hurting my score?

I feel like this is 1 step forward dn 2 back, every time.  Smiley Sad 

Were you writing GW letters to chase about it? or other derogs?

If it is a public record, chase did not report. Experian pulls from the public files and reports. Hopefully someone else can come along to help with possible removal. The only one I have ever had experience dealing with is tax lien filed at court house. So I am trying to get the state to withdraw the lien.  Yours may be similar but not sure where to direct you.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 2 of 13
eats_crayons

I was writing GW to Chase asking them to stop reporting on the original chrage off  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 13
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

So is it showing under public records or as a collection....I am confused

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 4 of 13
eats_crayons

It has been showing as a paid charge off from Chase, since 2010, but just this morning it showed up on Experian as a public record   Smiley Sad  

Message 5 of 13
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@eats_crayons wrote:

It has been showing as a paid charge off from Chase, since 2010, but just this morning it showed up on Experian as a public record   Smiley Sad  

So is it now show twice? Once as a charge off AND a public record?  Do you know if it is showing on EQ or TU?

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 6 of 13
eats_crayons

Yes, it's showing twice. Once as a paid charge off from OC, and once as a public record. So far it's only on EX according to my monitoring services. 

Message 7 of 13
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

EX monitoring service (freecredit report.com) seems to have these "glitches" when the individual paying for the service has been diligent in cleaning up old negative items.  I was just about to hit 700 on the EX "paid monthly" service, when BAM, 8 paid medical collections opened from 2009 to 2011 from the same CA popped up April 2014 on EX only, never previously reported on EX, only previously reported to EQ.  The CA said they did not report those, the EX monitoring service had no answers and transferred me to the "dispute" department, which I clearly stated that I did not want a dispute just an answer as to how this could happen.  BTW, they all showed a report date by the CA of May 2013...again never previously reported, I have all reports that show all white boxes prior to this one and only report month with red CA box.

EX still apparently filed my request for information only as a dispute and than changed the report date on all 8 as 04/2014, 05/2013 magically disappeared.  My score took an 85 point drop.  Not to cry wolf, but my gut tells me that the EX monitoring service benefits from monthly payments, and those monthly payments keep coming when the individual needs to keep paying attention to something listed.  My gut has been accurate many time and I  have cancelled that monitoring service and only use myFico now. 

Added note, when I called (which they require you to do to cancel), they offered my a "discounted" monthly rate of $9.95.  No Thanks!

Be careful disputing with EX, and I recommend (as others have on here), never request the dispute online.

Message 8 of 13
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Is it just on Experian as a public record?

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Noted!...they seem REALLY greasy compared to EQ and TU. Just my opinion...

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.