Bella143

So Frustrated!!!

Been trying so hard to just focus on paying things down and my scores were starting to climb up. Now they are way back down again because my mortgage got bought out from BofA to M&T. On my report is now shows B of A paid and that I no longer have a mortgage. It took my score from 671 to 636. EQ :smileysad:

My utilization in the past month has gone from bout 80% to now bout 55% and going down. I'm doing all I can to just keep paying things off and have paid 4 cards off in the last month and a half. Still have bout 4 to go.

Last baddies were a 30 day late from 3/2010 and a 30 day late from 10/2011. That's it. I realize my utlization is what's killing me right now but that much?? Did the morgage make my scores drop??

Just so frusttrated.

New Contributor
aces33

Re: So Frustrated!!!

I took a 26 point hit because my util went from 17% to 23%. Makes  no sense to be but thats how it's set up.

guiness56

Bella143 wrote:

Been trying so hard to just focus on paying things down and my scores were starting to climb up. Now they are way back down again because my mortgage got bought out from BofA to M&T. On my report is now shows B of A paid and that I no longer have a mortgage. It took my score from 671 to 636. EQ :smileysad:

My utilization in the past month has gone from bout 80% to now bout 55% and going down. I'm doing all I can to just keep paying things off and have paid 4 cards off in the last month and a half. Still have bout 4 to go.

Last baddies were a 30 day late from 3/2010 and a 30 day late from 10/2011. That's it. I realize my utlization is what's killing me right now but that much?? Did the morgage make my scores drop??

Just so frusttrated.

Revolving utilization is a huge factor in your score.  Getting that down to one card reporting at 9% or below while leaving the others at 0 will help your score a lot,

Hopefully the new mortgage company will start reporting soon and bring your score back up.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

guiness56 wrote:

Bella143 wrote:

Just so frusttrated.

Revolving utilization is a huge factor in your score.  Getting that down to one card reporting at 9% or below while leaving the others at 0 will help your score a lot,

Hopefully the new mortgage company will start reporting soon and bring your score back up.

Yes it will bounce back so don't be frustrated scores can change daily and when the new mortgage reports it may go higher

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}