Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

So Frustrated!!!

Been trying so hard to just focus on paying things down and my scores were starting to climb up. Now they are way back down again because my mortgage got bought out from BofA to M&T. On my report is now shows B of A paid and that I no longer have a mortgage. It took my score from 671 to 636. EQ Smiley Sad

My utilization in the past month has gone from bout 80% to now bout 55% and going down. I'm doing all I can to just keep paying things off and have paid 4 cards off in the last month and a half. Still have bout 4 to go.

Last baddies were a 30 day late from 3/2010 and a 30 day late from 10/2011. That's it. I realize my utlization is what's killing me right now but that much?? Did the morgage make my scores drop??

Just so frusttrated.

As of 7/31/15 EX 662 EQ Fako 615 TU Fako 698 - Discover 690 Cap 1 - 682
New Contributor

Re: So Frustrated!!!

I took a 26 point hit because my util went from 17% to 23%. Makes  no sense to be but thats how it's set up.

Epic Contributor

Bella143 wrote:

Been trying so hard to just focus on paying things down and my scores were starting to climb up. Now they are way back down again because my mortgage got bought out from BofA to M&T. On my report is now shows B of A paid and that I no longer have a mortgage. It took my score from 671 to 636. EQ Smiley Sad

My utilization in the past month has gone from bout 80% to now bout 55% and going down. I'm doing all I can to just keep paying things off and have paid 4 cards off in the last month and a half. Still have bout 4 to go.

Last baddies were a 30 day late from 3/2010 and a 30 day late from 10/2011. That's it. I realize my utlization is what's killing me right now but that much?? Did the morgage make my scores drop??

Just so frusttrated.

Revolving utilization is a huge factor in your score.  Getting that down to one card reporting at 9% or below while leaving the others at 0 will help your score a lot,

Hopefully the new mortgage company will start reporting soon and bring your score back up.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

guiness56 wrote:

Bella143 wrote:

Just so frusttrated.

Revolving utilization is a huge factor in your score.  Getting that down to one card reporting at 9% or below while leaving the others at 0 will help your score a lot,

Hopefully the new mortgage company will start reporting soon and bring your score back up.

Yes it will bounce back so don't be frustrated scores can change daily and when the new mortgage reports it may go higher

+ Chase ink =

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.