cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I call a CA......

tag
tbucket101

So I call a CA......

....2 seperate accounts, totalling $260...medical....right away, said we delete all accounts within 24 hrs for paid in full accounts....but just as quick as he said he would delete, he said be sure when calling CAs, "dont ask them to put it in writing, you get more respect and a deletion will be much more likely"....in fact, once I hung up with him, he called back and left a VM stating that if the accounts were paid in full, said CA would delete/remove the account within 24hrs......so, obviously, they arent going to put anything in writing....thoughts?  horror stories from promises?....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: So I call a CA......

They have their legitimate business reason for reluctance to put such statements in writing.

Their credit reporting agreement with the CRAs includes statement of the CRA directive that furnishers are not to delete based on payment of a debt.

If they went so far as to put their promise in a recoreded message, I doubt they will renig.

Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Without knowing who the CA is no one can really give horror stories except in general.

There have been many posts where CAs did not live up to their word and just as many that did.  The one thing is an oral agreement is just as binding but harder to prove.

Message 3 of 6
tbucket101

Ive called 3 CAs....the first one, which I posted about, I dont have a doubt he sounded like it wasnt an issue, .... didnt stumble on any wording, didnt sound scripted or tried to dance around the questions I asked.....2nd CA, she used verbage such as "once payment is made, we send the deletion "request" to the CRAs.....request? I asked.....if you are the reporting CA, dont you tell them what to and not to report, what are you "requesting".....she replied, well its up to the CRA to remove or not....just didnt seem SURE, 100% that if I paid, it WOULD be deleted........3rd was somewhere in the middle.....

1st CA was DIF SVCS in Dallas

Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As with any CSR, they don't usally know what they are talking about.

The request they send is a UDF - Universal Data Form - which is sent electronically as far as I know, and there are codes that tells the CRAs what to do with the account.  It could be mailed, not sure.

Though the CRAs do not want to delete paid in full TL, it is not their decision to make.  That is up to the creditor.

Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've had good outcomes with verbal promises in the past.  Some just won't put it in writing.  I'd personally go for it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.