Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I finally got a job... Second step... Fix my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I finally got a job... Second step... Fix my credit

Wow I can't believe I am doing this. I have been looking over this forum nearly a month trying to decide when I was going to get a hold of my life and pursue the path of fiscal responsability!! Smiley Very Happy What finally drove me to seek help on "how to fix my credit" is that I want to buy a car and I don't want to be ripped off on the interest... (Not sure if it matters financially much on a $6000 car loan as I plan to pay most of it in cash) The thing is I really don't know absolutely a thing on what are the steps I have to take to bring my credit score higher so I hope someone can answer my plea and guide me in this endeavour......

I have 9 tradelines when I pulled my credit on 5/12/2016 I figured that a copy of my credit was necessary so I uploaded it... Here is a link: (Mod Cut-All personal info must be redacted before posting the report including the account numbers)

Since This report was generated last week i got approvved by a Credit Card from Capital One. I don't plan to use it but the card came with no yearly fees and I figured it could't hurt my score.

can anyone help me how I go about this? please, I don't even know what is the process on disputing any claims or getting them removed.

5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: So I finally got a job... Second step... Fix my credit

Welcome. For starters the Charge offs/Collection/Lates that you have you may want tot tackle as they are bringing down your score. What are the amounts on them?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow I can't believe I am doing this. I have been looking over this forum nearly a month trying to decide when I was going to get a hold of my life and pursue the path of fiscal responsability!! Smiley Very Happy What finally drove me to seek help on "how to fix my credit" is that I want to buy a car and I don't want to be ripped off on the interest... (Not sure if it matters financially much on a $6000 car loan as I plan to pay most of it in cash) The thing is I really don't know absolutely a thing on what are the steps I have to take to bring my credit score higher so I hope someone can answer my plea and guide me in this endeavour......

I have 9 tradelines when I pulled my credit on 5/12/2016 I figured that a copy of my credit was necessary so I uploaded it... Here is a link:

Since This report was generated last week i got approvved by a Credit Card from Capital One. I don't plan to use it but the card came with no yearly fees and I figured it could't hurt my score.

can anyone help me how I go about this? please.

I would pay off your charge-offs and than send GW letters to hopefully have it off your record. THan pay the judgments that you have from San Diego or whatever those are. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first step to take is to reduce the amount of outstanding revolving debt you have. You are near 50% utilization and would be best to stay under 10% if possible. 3 charge offs and a collection are hurting as well and you can try and GW those if you have them squared away and paid for, or if they are reporting incorrectly, dispute them to have them report correctly or possibly be removed. I see you have the City of San Diego on there showing as an installment loan for a collection. Not sure what that's about as I am unsure how or why you'd have installment loans with the city for those amounts.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Smiley Happy RM21 and SouthEast80

The most  and very recent Charge off is from Credit One bank (Total Ripp off) it is fro $299 I was so pissed off at them for not dealing with some fraud claims properly, charging me hidden fees and then freezing my online account (I couldn't pay if i wanted to) That I just gave up on them. It infurates to think i have to give them my money but i might have to :'(

Then I have the joker story in my credit score.... three tradelines from The City of San Diego.... The guy I sold my car to when I left the state never changed the tags and he got me in all sorts of parking ticket troubles... I found out years laters and in 2011 I reluctantly agreed to pay the bill in 4 payments of 116. I paid 1 and the rest I never did because i was broke. What i find funny is that 2 of them are charge offs from 2011 and 1 is in collections as of 2013.... i hope this little story helps or at least amuses lol 

Message 5 of 6
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the job!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.