cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got Portfolio Recovery Removed but...

tag
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

So I got Portfolio Recovery Removed but...

I submitted a dispute to Equifax about PRA reporting as a factoring company, however Midland was doing the same.  I was going to submit a new request for Midland but I guess Equifax got smart and reviewed the Midland account too because that is not longer reporting as a factoring company.  Darnit that could have been my leverage to get it removed.  Guess you live and learn. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: So I got Portfolio Recovery Removed but...

Equifax did not change it, Midland did. CFPB settlement order.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

In addition, send a debt validation to Midland. I actually use the BBB for debt validations. If they do not provide original documents, the settlement says they can not collect. If they leave on reports (you can not have collection on report if not legally able to collect), then file complaint with CFPB. Put a little background in there, say you are disputing, and want original documentation, fees, interest, and contract. Insist you are not paying debt. If they do not provide documentation, then you want it removed from report. You also want the file closed. Did this with portfolio recovery.
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 4
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

Great Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.