Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I have a Fingerhut Account

tag
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

So I have a Fingerhut Account

I applied to Fingerhut Monday and was approved for a $250 limit. I ordered bedsheets Wednesday and they arrived today. My Fingerhut card arrived today as well along with the disclosure that I read mainly to understand how they process payments and interest.

The interest accreuing from date of purchase is annoying, but I more bothered that the only pay online option available is to allow them to draft through my bank account. I don't feel good about that at all, but I don't want to risk a returned check or money order issue. At this point this card will be the first to go after my rebuilding process is complete.

In the meantime, I'll use this card to stock up on bed sheets and curtains.

Anyone have any experience with Fingerhut positive or negative?
Starting Scores Nov 17: 581(EQ) 571(TU) 563(EX)
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So I have a Fingerhut Account

I have a Fingerhut account as well. It was my first rebuilding account. They made me go the Freshstart route first so this is my first actual month having the revolving line. I too have that interest starts accumulating as soon as you make a purchase. However, I won't complain because when no one else wanted to give me a second chance, they did. I have accepted that as long as my credit is bad, it will be expensive for me to obtain. As far as that specific account. I decided to just purchase 1 think a month for $30> and then pay it off.

After I get better cards in my wallet, I think I will get rid of them as well. But as of now, it is serving its purpose. Good Luck with rebuilding!

Message 2 of 8
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@AFreshStart wrote:
I more bothered that the only pay online option available is to allow them to draft through my bank account. I don't feel good about that at all, but I don't want to risk a returned check or money order issue. At this point this card will be the first to go after my rebuilding process is complete.

What other online payment options are you looking for?  Drafting from you're bank is pretty typical for any account that accepts online payments.  Another option to consider is setting up bill pay from your bank to Fingerhut.  Then buy your sheets or curtains, go to your bank and then payoff the card immediately.  That will minimze any interest that's accruing and you don't have to worry about checks getting lost or delayed in the mail. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 3 of 8
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I'm not comfortable with giving Fingerhut my banking account number and routing number as per their online payment option. I was thinking they would have a credit or debit catd option which is how I pay most items. I'll just play it by war and see how it Hoes, I don't plan to keep them long term anyway.
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 4 of 8
JuJuBee84
Regular Contributor

I have a Fingerhut account I opened a year and a half ago. They have been great to me. I initally was approved for $250 but within 6 months they increased my CL to $450. I have done online payments and have never had a problem. Typically I use my bank's bill pay system but if I am running tight in between paychecks I occasionally pay online.

Message 5 of 8
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I guess I will make arrangements for Billpay then. I'll just have to see where Fingerhut takes me, they extended me credit so I am grateful for that. I'm just going to put it in my mind that it will be a positive rebuilding experience.
Message 6 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I used to let them take money out of my checking acct and never had any problems.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 7 of 8
quairosun
New Contributor

I have had a FH CC for over a ear. I have paid on time and kept my balance low. I have also purchased a few things. But still no CLI. I will tell you that I have paid by debit card over the phone with them several times.

Starting Scores: TU 542 EQ 452 EX 560
Current Scores: TU 632 EQ 619 EX 643
Goal Score: All At 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.