cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I need some CC's to build up my score...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I need some CC's to build up my score...

Hey guys, So here is the deal.. My credit score was in the 700's for quite some time. I haven't checked it in a few years, and I just checked it to find out that my score had dropped.... I had some CCs that I never used ( had them with a balance when I was younger, and then never did anything with them ) any longer and they were on my Report. Then I checked today, and it seems that the companies had now closed my accounts ( dormant too long? ). I had the mindset that CCs were the devil and that if I couldn't pay cash for it, I didnt buy it. Thats why I never had CCs. But I see now that its hurting me immensely. What I want to do it build my damn score up to where it should be. I feel that I did "good" all my life by not buying things I couldnt afford, not extending into the "credit" realm etc. I bring in good money so thats not an issue, its just I didnt want the plastic in my life. I need a card to use purely for random purchases and fuel. I would pay it off monthly as well. Can someone give me recommendations on which card to get?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So I need some CC's to build up my score...

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys, So here is the deal.. My credit score was in the 700's for quite some time. I haven't checked it in a few years, and I just checked it to find out that my score had dropped.... I had some CCs that I never used ( had them with a balance when I was younger, and then never did anything with them ) any longer and they were on my Report. Then I checked today, and it seems that the companies had now closed my accounts ( dormant too long? ). I had the mindset that CCs were the devil and that if I couldn't pay cash for it, I didnt buy it. Thats why I never had CCs. But I see now that its hurting me immensely. What I want to do it build my damn score up to where it should be. I feel that I did "good" all my life by not buying things I couldnt afford, not extending into the "credit" realm etc. I bring in good money so thats not an issue, its just I didnt want the plastic in my life. I need a card to use purely for random purchases and fuel. I would pay it off monthly as well. Can someone give me recommendations on which card to get?

I would go after the Barclays Sallie Mae card, you get 5% back on the first 250 of gas & groceries purchases, 700 a month on books (Amazon pretty much anything gets you the 5% as long as its Amazon billed), 1% back on all else. Cap-1 has their QuickSilver card 1.5% cash back on all purchases. There are so many options out there just depends on what you are going to spend money on. Yes you did not use your previous cards often enough so they closed them out, with store cards you typically have to use them every 12-18 months or you lose them. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So I need some CC's to build up my score...

Thanks! I guess I would use it for fuel mostly.... Is there one that shines on fuel purchases?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.