cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I reviewed my 3 credit FICO report...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I reviewed my 3 credit FICO report...

I'm a little bit confused here...can anyone help me out?

First off, how do I know which score the company will use? I range from 642 to 685. 

Second, how do I go about getting a collection remove that I have long ago paid off? Send a letter? Make a phone call?

Third, one of the negative factors says I have too many credit accounts with balances. These are student loan accounts and I am still a student...how can I fix that? Apparently it's negatively affecting my score. That doesn't seem fair. 

I had some serious delinquences several years ago (Young and dumb), so that's a negative as well. Any idea on how I can fix these? Or is this one just going to be a waiting game? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So I reviewed my 3 credit FICO report...

Bravo company?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I will try and help but Im far from an expert so keep that in mind please Smiley Happy

There really isnt a way to know for sure which credit bureau will be pulled when applying for credit unless you ask the creditor. Just ask, they will probably tell you. Some places use a particular bureau more than others but its not 100% so its a crap shoot. Barclays usually pulls transunion but when I applied they pulled Equifax, go figure.

The too many accounts with balances thing, well you will just have to go with that one until you graduate and get them paid. Mine tells me my balance is too high on installment loan. I juat refinanced so of courese it is but they dont concern themselves with the particulars, sorry!

The paid collection will need to be good willed. In other words you need to write them a letter requesting they remove it. They will be doing you a favor if they do, there is nothing requiring them to remove.

The derogatories that arent paid, you can send pay for delete requests to these creditors. Again, they are under no obligation to do this but since they want to get paid you stand a better chance with this.

Good Luck!!!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.