Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So WHY does it take so long?

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

So WHY does it take so long?

So I sent a 623 dispute to Ginny's. I also sent a complaint in to the BBB of Wisconsin. I received an email from the BBB on the 20th of August, stating the Ginny's had put in a request to delete the information from the credit bureaus. Why does it seem like it takes very little time to post a neg on your report, but when your waiting for it to come off, suddenly it can take 30-45 days???????

I am just venting and irritated!   : (

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: So WHY does it take so long?

@traveler2005 wrote:

So I sent a 623 dispute to Ginny's. I also sent a complaint in to the BBB of Wisconsin. I received an email from the BBB on the 20th of August, stating the Ginny's had put in a request to delete the information from the credit bureaus. Why does it seem like it takes very little time to post a neg on your report, but when your waiting for it to come off, suddenly it can take 30-45 days???????

The delay is generally on the creditor's side;  CRAs typically process updates / deletes / adds to CRs soon after they receive.    Many creditors only send updates once a month so it's just a matter of waiting until their next batch of CRA updates is submitted.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 13
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

I can totally feel your pain!  It does seem like the crap reporting pops up instantaneously while it takes WEEKS for corrections/good stuff.  It's very difficult when you're not a patient person, but why should you be patient about information that has a negative impact on you?

@traveler2005 wrote:

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 3 of 13
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

So I called Ginny's the other day just to check on status of deletion. They said that they mailed as well as faxed the request to the CRA's on August 20th. Shouldn't it have been deleted by now?????

Yes I know, I am still impatient. LOL

Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 4 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

So I called Ginny's the other day just to check on status of deletion. They said that they mailed as well as faxed the request to the CRA's on August 20th. Shouldn't it have been deleted by now?????

Hey traveler long time no see 

Updates 30-60 days YMMV

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 13
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

Updates 30-60 days YMMV

So it still hasn't been deleted, 26 days from time request from Ginnys was sent via fax and snail mail to all three CRA's. I am very impatient, I want it done like yesterday!!!!

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

Updates 30-60 days YMMV

So it still hasn't been deleted, 26 days from time request from Ginnys was sent via fax and snail mail to all three CRA's. I am very impatient, I want it done like yesterday!!!!

Lol I know my friend I know...Just like gardening it takes time... Hang in there 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 13
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

I'm going through the same thing with 3 different negative accounts that I'm waiting to be deleted. I pull my three in one report almost every day to check! Lol. I feel your pain!

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@Amleigh wrote:
I'm going through the same thing with 3 different negative accounts that I'm waiting to be deleted. I pull my three in one report almost every day to check! Lol. I feel your pain!

This is more than painful, this is agonizing!!!!!  LOL  

And to top it off, with my luck instead of gaining a few points I will probably lose points.  Guess will have to wait and see.   Smiley Sad

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 9 of 13
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I know this is frustrating, this is a system where it seems to work that way. I will give you a few examples.

1. Bills ( Bills are always on time, I don't think I have ever received my bills late )

2. Collections ( They seem to report extremely fast )

3. Credit returned ( When you shop at your local store, when you use any of your cards, the balance shows right away, but when you return an item it takes them a few days before they post your credit back to your account )

It's a system and it's designed without the consumer in mind. Really!

Good luck!

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.