cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So a charge off is now a good thing?

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: So a charge off is now a good thing?

+1, leave it alone and let it report positive!!

Message 11 of 19
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

For whatever reason it seems as to have turned positive.  Was the 7 years up?  If not, leave it be.

For EX, it was scheduled to age off in 11/13. However, the dofd was 8/06. If it kept reporting negative, I was going to fight for the removal in 8/13. So far with each of the CRA's, of all the CO's and CA's that I had on my reports, none have legally reported past the 7 year mark (unless the date was re-aged by the CA). 

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Then I believe that the CRA removed the negatives early, which happens.

When it is a CO, only the CO and lates have to be removed at the end of the CRTP.  The TL remains as a positive if the OC doesn't remove it.  That seems to be the case here.

Message 13 of 19
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

When it is a CO, only the CO and lates have to be removed at the end of the CRTP.  The TL remains as a positive if the OC doesn't remove it.  That seems to be the case here.

Really? I mean that would be great since it is one of my older TL's. So if it's positive, should I expect it to be removed in 2019 (since the closed date is listed as 2009 which is around the time I remember LVNV picking up the CO)?

Message 14 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@MaRain wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Really? I mean that would be great since it is one of my older TL's. So if it's positive, should I expect it to be removed in 2019 (since the closed date is listed as 2009 which is around the time I remember LVNV picking up the CO)?

From what I see and you stated it was due to be excluded in Nov, I do believe this to be the case.  It is not uncommon for a CRA to remove negatives earlier than what they report. 

Yes if it is a positive account now it should report until 2019, give or take.  They don't always report to 10 and sometimes they will report longer,.

Message 15 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, the negative information has aged off and it now shows as a positive account. That is a massive win!
Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 19
goosedog
Regular Contributor

You need to call the CRA and advise them of the mistake they did. As a consumer, it is your responsibility to make sure you are not violating the CROA and by not telling the CRA they have made a mistake, it is illegal and unethical to not report it.

Message 17 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@goosedog wrote:

You need to call the CRA and advise them of the mistake they did. As a consumer, it is your responsibility to make sure you are not violating the CROA and by not telling the CRA they have made a mistake, it is illegal and unethical to not report it.

The negative information has been removed due to it passing the CRTP as required by law.  There is nothing wrong, ethical or illegal about it.  It would be a violation for the information to remain on their CRA.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 18 of 19
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@goosedog wrote:

The negative information has been removed due to it passing the CRTP as required by law.  There is nothing wrong, ethical or illegal about it.  It would be a violation for the information to remain on their CRA.

+1,000,000

Actually, I am pretty sure that the CRA and HSBC are aware of the reporting since it occured as a result of my direct disputes and verifications that got me to this point. The HSBC account, now owned by Capital One, was reporting inaccurate information (balance owed, DOFD, etc and was sold to a 3rd party who also reported a balance and was past the CRTP). 

After going back and forth with the CRA's, OC and CA, this is the result, CA deleted and OC updated the info to positive status. I did not know this would be the outcome and was not sure of what it meant but am glad that my suspicions were confirmed by the AWESOME myFICO community. 

Yes, it is now a positive account, confirmed by my higher EQ and EX scores and approval for a Chase credit card on 8/14/13. 

So as of today, I have no baddies on my EQ or EX reports and just 2 more left on my EX. 

As for:

"You need to call the CRA and advise them of the mistake they did. As a consumer, it is your responsibility to make sure you are not violating the CROA and by not telling the CRA they have made a mistake, it is illegal and unethical to not report it."

I should've used that as a basis for my complaint with the OC &CA! Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.