cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So begins my journey....

tag
JayNYOne

So begins my journey....

My reading of past posts has led me to believe that paying any Debt Buyer or CA in full is just pointless if I'm trying to increase my score(s).  On the contrary, it seems that I'll actually HURT my scores by paying older items off.  As such, I am not going to sit around and negotiate any payments unless they are willing to delete the tradeline altogether.

On a good note (possibly), I funded a secured Cap1 card today to at least have one decent TL going for me.  It's odd since one of the collection items on my report is a C/O from a Cap1 card, but I'll take it.  $99 deposit for $200 CL.  It's a start.  With a 520 EQ, I can't do much worse.  I paid off a balance with USAA from a closed secured card today and paid my Fingerhut account current.  We'll see what happens with that.

On another note, has anyone ever had success faxing PFDs?  I got a payoff letter via email today, so it seems the industry is catching up.

I know I'm probably bumbling through this, but at least things are happening.  Thanks to everyone here, I'm just a wee bit smarter today than I was yesterday, albeit a wee bit confused as well.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So begins my journey....

Welcome! and good luck on your journey!

Keep on reading, the confusion will subside....eventually.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So begins my journey....

I have read threads that success had been obtained thru Faxing. For those creditors you paid off and are still reporting the paid item try GW letters Here is the GW Letter thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.