Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So close but no cigar :( Any advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So close but no cigar :( Any advice

At this point, I've cleared up everything old on my credit report. The last thing fell off and I had an old credit card I paid off that was in collections. I have a car payment that has never been late and a credit card that has never been late. I have some student loans that are in forbearance because I'm in school now and 2 that were 3 payments late almost 2 years ago at this point but I can't get beyond a 615 ( middle score). What else can be done to increase a credit score? Just wait? Open a new credit card? Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CC40
Regular Contributor

Re: So close but no cigar :( Any advice

Are the paid items still showing on your report or are have they been removed?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are showing as being removed.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get another credit card reporting. FICO is happiest when you have 2-3 in positive standing.

Message 4 of 6
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

At this point, I've cleared up everything old on my credit report. The last thing fell off and I had an old credit card I paid off that was in collections. I have a car payment that has never been late and a credit card that has never been late. I have some student loans that are in forbearance because I'm in school now and 2 that were 3 payments late almost 2 years ago at this point but I can't get beyond a 615 ( middle score). What else can be done to increase a credit score? Just wait? Open a new credit card? Any suggestions are much appreciated!

i would open a new card.. HOWEVER, your score is going to take a hit twice... once for the inq and another for the actual card... but the score will go back up and then should help you pass that 615 wall... think of it as killing one tree to save 100.. you need to sacrifice one inq and a new tradeline  in order to raise the score up

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

I agree with the previous guy.  Try to get a prime card instead of a subprime card.  If you can't, your next option should be a secured card with at least 2K in it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.