Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So confused please help!!!!!

tag
jordanhand
Contributor

So confused please help!!!!!

I just checked my credit karma score and it says 560 then I looked at my credit sesame and it shows 624 as of today and I decided to pay thr 4.95 and use thr my fico and it shows me at a 528 experiaN.... 

which one of these scores is accurate??? I'm seriously trying to rebuild my credit and idk where I actually stand 

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So confused please help!!!!!

@jordanhand wrote:

I just checked my credit karma score and it says 560 then I looked at my credit sesame and it shows 624 as of today and I decided to pay thr 4.95 and use thr my fico and it shows me at a 528 experiaN.... 

which one of these scores is accurate??? I'm seriously trying to rebuild my credit and idk where I actually stand 

Well, you have two FAKOs and one FICO score there.  Now I know a lot of people are confused when it comes to scores, and the system is designed to keep it that way.

When it comes to scores, the ones that matter are the ones that are used by lenders.  I guarantee you not one lender will refer to your CreditKarma or CreditSesame score when granting credit.  Heck, they may not use your FICO score either.  At this point in the game, don't get wrapped up in scores.  Focus on a healthy credit report.  That means having good positive tradelines and removing or cleaning of bad ones.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
spike69
Frequent Contributor

+1 to what Shogun said. I have been chasing the "numbers" and just recently realized that my focus has to be on positive tradelines and removing the "baddie." One to go for me and two additional TLs and in to the Garden I go for at least one year.

Message 3 of 7
jordanhand
Contributor

Thank you for the advice I just don't know what to do I don't have any credit cards and can't get approved for anything so idk how to start rebuilding... I mostly have late payments 

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You will need some CCs.  The best route is secured cards when starting out.  There are even some that don't do HPs.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
jordanhand
Contributor

I was denied for thr capitol one secured card which is why i dont know what else to do Smiley Sad

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jordanhand wrote:

I was denied for thr capitol one secured card which is why i dont know what else to do Smiley Sad

I would be looking into local credit unions that would be willing to give you a secured CC and I strongly advise you to start work on getting your derogs cleaned up.You should order all 3 copies of your CRs from the CRAs and have them delivered to you via US Mail then sit down and triage all the baddies into groups, then you work on 1 group at a time, you can post new threads in this forum if you get stumped on a particular way to handle a TL. Good luck in your journey Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.