Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So difficult to pay ONE CA!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So difficult to pay ONE CA!!!

Brief background.  I recently returned from a military deployment.  When I returned I found that my appointed financial power of attorney had fell behind on some of my credit card payments (well more like stopped paying...).  I returned home to 4 charged off credit cards and scores in the mid to high 500's.  And 2-3 collections accounts depending on which report you were looking at. 

Since I started at the end of July I've managed to get two of the accounts that were still with the OC to update the accounts to closed paid as agreed (both Barclay's accounts).  The other cards are HSBC accounts.  Oh fun.  One of them I've heard nothing on and am sending letters weekly to HSBC to see if they'll PFD or update like Barclays did, not holding my breath.  The other other HSBC has been sent to Cavalry Portfolio Services.  Started with a DV letter.  Got a one page summary validation.  I know the account is mine so I started the PFD process.  Letter and voicemails to the "account manager" who verified my account (this has been going on since August) with no response.  I track down some executives' email addressess and re-send my pfd offer.  THEN I get an e-mail from the account manager to call him so he could assist me.  I call.  Voicemail.  I e-mail saying I left him a voicemail to contact me when he is available.  Couple more weeks pass by I call again.  Voicemail.  I then decide to send him another e-mail about how I haven't heard from him but also copy the exec's on this e-mail.  SECONDS later he e-mails saying to call him.  I call.  Voicemail.  I'm steaming at this point.  I e-mail the whole gang again saying I left another message.  Account manager emails back stating he doesn't have a good number for me.  Funny, because a minute later he calls me at work (number I left him in a voicemail).  He asks questions that were already covered in my letters and e-mails.  Proceeds to ask what my settlement offer is and explained what that was to me (a settlement is when you pay less than the full account balance....errrr no kidding!!!!!)  Insinuated I'm using my military status to get out of paying a debt.  Funny, I offered to pay in full. That's getting out of a debt?????  He asks if I have any military orders so he can deteremine if I was actually deployed when this account went delinquent.  Orders that I had previously told him that I'd be happy to email to him.  So, I sent yet another e-mail to the whole gang which documented our telephone call, answered his questions, and had my orders.  We'll see what happens.  I just don't get it.  I've been trying to pay this account (with it's inflated balance that increases on a monthly basis) for months and can't talk to anyone.  You would think these people would jump at collecting their money.  I don't get it! 

Sorry-rant over.  Just frustrating trying to get this taken care of and they don't communicate!!!  This will be my last collection and then I have one more CO to deal with for about $600. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: So difficult to pay ONE CA!!!

I wish i would have gone about it your way, doing PFD's ... but im stupid x.x

GW's are WAY harder then PFD lol.... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Brief background.  I recently returned from a military deployment.  When I returned I found that my appointed financial power of attorney had fell behind on some of my credit card payments (well more like stopped paying...).  I returned home to 4 charged off credit cards and scores in the mid to high 500's.  And 2-3 collections accounts depending on which report you were looking at. 

Since I started at the end of July I've managed to get two of the accounts that were still with the OC to update the accounts to closed paid as agreed (both Barclay's accounts).  The other cards are HSBC accounts.  Oh fun.  One of them I've heard nothing on and am sending letters weekly to HSBC to see if they'll PFD or update like Barclays did, not holding my breath.  The other other HSBC has been sent to Cavalry Portfolio Services.  Started with a DV letter.  Got a one page summary validation.  I know the account is mine so I started the PFD process.  Letter and voicemails to the "account manager" who verified my account (this has been going on since August) with no response.  I track down some executives' email addressess and re-send my pfd offer. 

THEN I get an e-mail from the account manager to call him so he could assist me.  I call.  Voicemail.  I e-mail saying I left him a voicemail to contact me when he is available.  Couple more weeks pass by I call again.  Voicemail.  I then decide to send him another e-mail about how I haven't heard from him but also copy the exec's on this e-mail.  SECONDS later he e-mails saying to call him.  I call.  Voicemail.  I'm steaming at this point.  I e-mail the whole gang again saying I left another message. 

Account manager emails back stating he doesn't have a good number for me.  Funny, because a minute later he calls me at work (number I left him in a voicemail).  He asks questions that were already covered in my letters and e-mails.  Proceeds to ask what my settlement offer is and explained what that was to me (a settlement is when you pay less than the full account balance....errrr no kidding!!!!!) 

Insinuated I'm using my military status to get out of paying a debt.  Funny, I offered to pay in full. That's getting out of a debt?????  He asks if I have any military orders so he can deteremine if I was actually deployed when this account went delinquent.  Orders that I had previously told him that I'd be happy to email to him.  So, I sent yet another e-mail to the whole gang which documented our telephone call, answered his questions, and had my orders.  We'll see what happens.  I just don't get it.  I've been trying to pay this account (with it's inflated balance that increases on a monthly basis) for months and can't talk to anyone.  You would think these people would jump at collecting their money.  I don't get it! 

Sorry-rant over.  Just frustrating trying to get this taken care of and they don't communicate!!!  This will be my last collection and then I have one more CO to deal with for about $600. 

First Let me say....Thank you for your service.  Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope now that you actually got to talk with a human, something can be done. When I am feeling down, I try to look at the bright side of things.  You have something to be happy about.....It's your last, let me say it again, it's your last CA to deal with. Woo Hoo and only one more CO to go. Smiley Wink Keep us informed.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how frustrating it is to try to get these collection agencies to "take" your money. I filed bankruptcy last year, and have one collection remaining on my reports. I called the agency last week, to see if they would entertain an offer to delete if I paid the account off.

A very rude woman said "we cannot collect after you've filed for bankruptcy". I said, yes, I know that. I'm offering to pay you after the fact in exchange for you deleting the collection from my report. She said "we don't do that". So I asked her why her company would basically refuse to collect on the account and she of course had no answer. She sounded like she was maybe about in the IQ range of 80. SOOO frustrating.

And thank you for your service. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.