Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So excited! My credit is looking up!

tag
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

So excited! My credit is looking up!

I am so excited, a few weeks ago I requested a CLI from Capital One on my Secured CC.  I got a notice saying that they were not able to grant my request because they do not do CLI on those accounts without additional deposit.  I logged into my account today and my CL is now $750!!! It was $300!  WOOHOO!!!!!

Also, last night I did the shopping cart trick and was approved for $500 VS CC!  I am beyond thrilled.  It is all starting to improve!  I have a long way to go, but am hopefully going to have a large enough sum of money in the next month of so to be able to settle ALL my remaining debt.  Just had to share with people who understand the joy of things like this!  Smiley LOL

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Maxi11510
Contributor

Re: So excited! My credit is looking up!

Congrats on you cli with Cap One and your account with the shopping cart trick and Victoria Secret account.

Message 2 of 11
creditlost
New Contributor

Congrats...Nothing like seeing rewards for hard work.

Message 3 of 11
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Congrats!!!! Kepe up the good work, it can be rewarding.  

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your CLI & continued success Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Congrats!!

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 6 of 11
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@SSPA87 wrote:

I am so excited, a few weeks ago I requested a CLI from Capital One on my Secured CC.  I got a notice saying that they were not able to grant my request because they do not do CLI on those accounts without additional deposit.  I logged into my account today and my CL is now $750!!! It was $300!  WOOHOO!!!!!

Also, last night I did the shopping cart trick and was approved for $500 VS CC!  I am beyond thrilled.  It is all starting to improve!  I have a long way to go, but am hopefully going to have a large enough sum of money in the next month of so to be able to settle ALL my remaining debt.  Just had to share with people who understand the joy of things like this!  Smiley LOL

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 7 of 11
elm84
Contributor

After reading your post I did a CLI request on my secured card.. I doubt they will give me one as i just got the unsecured Plat Card (Should have done quicksilver) but maybe one day i can do that one.. I am waiting to see what happens .. I would like it to go to at least 500.. I love the credit game now as I am referring to it .. I am trying to get my UTI really low Smiley Very Happy

Gardening what I got til Holiday Season 2014
Hoping for a couple 1k+ cards one day
Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Scores | Starting 09/2013 ~ 574 | Current ~ 600 | Goal ~ 720 |
Message 8 of 11
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

How long have you had your secured card, and do you always carry a balance or pay in full each month?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 9 of 11
elm84
Contributor

I have had my card since Sept I was THRILLED to get it I PIF every month but I have high UTI (Bill is due 8th i I PIF the 1st and 15th) This month UTI was 49% I didn't pay in full for 2 months paying mim payment but always on time never late. I got it with a $49 deposit and got a 200 CL and it was increased (I think in March to 300) Never gone over limit. Also just got (Its in the mail now ) Cap 1 Unsecured Card

Gardening what I got til Holiday Season 2014
Hoping for a couple 1k+ cards one day
Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Scores | Starting 09/2013 ~ 574 | Current ~ 600 | Goal ~ 720 |
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.