Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated!! Equifax is TERRIBLE!

tag
AKO17
Regular Contributor

So frustrated!! Equifax is TERRIBLE!

Today I called all 3 CRAs to verify the dates that my last baddies will fall off my CR. While TU and EX will do an EE about 2-3 months early, EQ will not! I originally thought my last baddies would drop by Feb 2016, and now it looks like it will be April. I realize it is only a few months longer, but I am so frustrated with them! Why are they such sticklers on this?? Has anyone had success calling a specific backdoor number or speaking to a certain department? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: So frustrated!! Equifax is TERRIBLE!

Thats nothing new. EQ is known for not normally doing EE.

Message 2 of 12
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

My husbands baddies disappeared early without even asking!  I was shocked!!!!!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax has been the toughest for me. I tried again recently and the rep said they don't do EE. I asked politely to speak to a supervisor who might have more insight into this, and was greeted with "I have already given you the perfect answer." In any event, I was able to talk to the supervisor and she said they would only EE one month early. I think this is a case of YMMV.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I originally tried calling in myself and they told me that it was against policy.  I later tried an online dispute stating that it was too old.  They did take it off that way but i'm not sure if that is always the case.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also got the "one-month early" speech from an EQ supervisor. But that's why you keep calling and talking with different supervisors, it's credit bureau bingo. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I originally tried calling in myself and they told me that it was against policy.  I later tried an online dispute stating that it was too old.  They did take it off that way but i'm not sure if that is always the case.

Please be aware that our Forum Guidelines on Credit Repair Discussion do not allow for advocation of invalid disputes as a means to improve your credit.   Disputing a TL as "too old" should only be used if the TL actually is too old to report.    The CRA could open an investigation and confirm that the TL is reporting correctly.   Since the item would then be updated, it would appear "recent" and could potentially harm one's scores.  

Also, as a general reminder, EE is a form of GW action granted by CRAs.   As with any GW request, no one is under any obligation to comply with your request and requests that are honored often rely on persistence and a bit of luck.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I also got the "one-month early" speech from an EQ supervisor. But that's why you keep calling and talking with different supervisors, it's credit bureau bingo. Smiley Very Happy

^^^^^^LOLOLOOL This is correct
Message 8 of 12
Emma1137
Valued Member

I called both TU and EQ today regarding EE for 2 old paid accts from ECMC.  Both were for student loans and the accts were due to fall off in July 2016.  TU agreed to delete after I asked to be transferred to a supervisor.  She was very nice and did so immediately.  I checked my report almost immediately and they were gone.  EQ, however, refused to entertain any EE and I spoke with a super there as well.  I really think it's a lot of luck and talking to the right person.  I'm going to call EQ back in a few days and try again.  

@AKO17 wrote:

Today I called all 3 CRAs to verify the dates that my last baddies will fall off my CR. While TU and EX will do an EE about 2-3 months early, EQ will not! I originally thought my last baddies would drop by Feb 2016, and now it looks like it will be April. I realize it is only a few months longer, but I am so frustrated with them! Why are they such sticklers on this?? Has anyone had success calling a specific backdoor number or speaking to a certain department? 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the online system to get an EE.  They took off something about a month early and it took about a week.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.