Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated! Please help!

tag
kingmidas
New Contributor

So frustrated! Please help!

I have been working on my credit for about 2 years now, I have a bankruptcy discharge in 7/07, since then I've had a plains commerce bank, first premier card, orchard bank and credit one card and an auto loan.  Then I stopped working full time so I could go to school and fell behind on my payments which eventually led to the cards being charge off as well as many late payments and owing money which was settled for less than owed on the lease.  I also had some medical bills that went to collection.  All the collections are now paid in full and about a year I was able to get another car loan which has never been late and I also took a secure loan through a cu almost a year ago just for the purpose of trying to boost my creditworthiness so that has been always on time.  I have no credit cards so I have no revolving debt and I have deferred student loans approx 55,000.  My current score are EQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako) 565. I have no clue what else to do and will my scores ever start to go up because of my derogatories before as well as after bankruptcy.  I really want to buy a house within the next couple years so if there is anyone who has been in the same situation or knows of some ways they were able to raise their credit scores and how long it will take. It would be greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: So frustrated! Please help!

@kingmidas wrote:

I have been working on my credit for about 2 years now, I have a bankruptcy discharge in 7/07, since then I've had a plains commerce bank, first premier card, orchard bank and credit one card and an auto loan.  Then I stopped working full time so I could go to school and fell behind on my payments which eventually led to the cards being charge off as well as many late payments and owing money which was settled for less than owed on the lease.  I also had some medical bills that went to collection.  All the collections are now paid in full and about a year I was able to get another car loan which has never been late and I also took a secure loan through a cu almost a year ago just for the purpose of trying to boost my creditworthiness so that has been always on time.  I have no credit cards so I have no revolving debt and I have deferred student loans approx 55,000.  My current score are EQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako) 565. I have no clue what else to do and will my scores ever start to go up because of my derogatories before as well as after bankruptcy.  I really want to buy a house within the next couple years so if there is anyone who has been in the same situation or knows of some ways they were able to raise their credit scores and how long it will take. It would be greatly appreciated.

Derogatory credit after a BK is a credit killer.

You will need to get rid of all of the collections off your report after your BK in order to get a mortgage. Check the rebuilding section for good will letters to remove the paid collections.

You are on the right path by having a car loan in good standing.

Message 2 of 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

+1 and try to get a secured credit card or secured loan to up the scores.  GW letters are great and so are phone calls mix it up GOOD LUCK

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a lot of info in the rebuilding section regarding where to send those goodwill letters. Good luck to you

Message 4 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@kingmidas wrote:

Derogatory credit after a BK is a credit killer.

You will need to get rid of all of the collections off your report after your BK in order to get a mortgage. Check the rebuilding section for good will letters to remove the paid collections.

You are on the right path by having a car loan in good standing.

Yep, a killer.  not only to the score but how it looks.  But I did the same thing you did, mostly medical.  Last year I found this forum with 14+ negs on my reports and within 4 months I got my scores high enough to buy a house, and I currently have only one CA reporting on all of my accounts.  i had them all gone but one popped up recently that I'm working on.  My point is : Totally Do-Able!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.