Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: So frustrated

My opinion is to stop driving yourself crazy by micro monitoring of your credit activities. If your objective is to buy a home at a given point, what you want to focus on is that when that date arrives

1) You have two to three active tradelines with a minimum of 12 months of ontime payments.

2) Chargeoffs aand other "baddies" have been paid off and or deleted from your credit report.

3) Your credit utilization os around 3%.

4) Your employment is at least 2 years in the same field and 

5) Your taxes have paid and current.

The first two items should result in a score that would qualify you for a home mortgage [640 or better] depending on where you started from. To have a reliable starting point, I recommend that you get a lender's preapproval as that process would deliver the scores that the lender will see when you are ready to apply for that purchase mortgage. Doing so would also let you see everything that is being reported on the credit report that your lender will see.

Message 11 of 15
MSBEHAVIN101

Thanks I am just going to take my focus off the scores for a while it is definitely driving a little crazy.
Message 12 of 15
srchick
Regular Contributor

I began to take my mind off a "score-driven mentality" a while back, and put ALL my energy to cleaning up my reports.  I've now finished with EXP, awaiting two deletions from TU for it to be pristine, then will start 100% on EQ.  Because of these efforts, I'm "hovering" very close to 700.  Shogun is so right, don't let yourself get frustrated about score fluctuations, just concentrate on squeaky clean reports...your scores will follow. I am a true witness to this fact! Smiley Happy

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 13 of 15
MSBEHAVIN101

Are you doing PFD on your items are you showing that each CRA has different items.
Message 14 of 15
srchick
Regular Contributor

I'm doing PFD on the ones that will let me, GW's for others after I've paid, straight paying on others, disputing some incorrect info, asking for early deletion if possible, etc. etc.  All of the tips I've gotten from this great forum have been put to work wherever I can apply, and my progress to date is phenomenal.  I really began in earnest about early April, and I'm keeping a personal journal of my efforts.  Like other posters have stated, "rebuilding credit is a marathon, not a sprint!".

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.