Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrating! New account changes score

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

So frustrating! New account changes score

My equifax goes down by 4 and my experian score goes up by 9! I hate that credit cards in my area use equifax. It's lower by almost 75 points! I wish all the bureaus were forced to follow the same guidelines. This is ridiculous. It's common for my transuinion and experian to be possitively affected while my equifax score drops. Go figure.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: So frustrating! New account changes score

Your scores reflect your changing credit profile ... which in turn is always changing. Scores are point-in-time data. I don't see how forcing private businesses to comply with a single reporting standard is a good thing. I recommend that you focus on developing/maintaining a robust credit profile that will produce the reporting results that support securing credit.

Message 2 of 3
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Re: So frustrating! New account changes score

I'm next expecting they use the exact same formula, but I find it off there's a 75 point difference and the info isn't that much different. It would be fine if they creditors used my highest score or even the middle score, but they are often using my lowest score.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.