Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So happy- I was Denied Credit!

tag
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

So happy- I was Denied Credit!

Rebuilding my credit- and after researching decided that I would have a good chance getting approved for JcPenney.  Went into the store (more people had luck in store vs. applying online) because we were shopping there anyways-  and I need some open tradelines reporting as installment/revolving because I have NONE.  

To my surprise I was denied.  (Haven't updated my siggy- but score is over 620 now) and everyone said they checked TU in Michigan- which is much higher.  However they didn't check TU- they checked my worst one- Equifax.  No Biggie-

So waited and waited for my denial letter to find out why.  For once in 10+ years I was not denied credity based on "bad credit history" or "late accounts" or "number of collections"  Instead- the ONLY two reasons listed for my credit denial with them was "No installmant accounts" and "No revolving accounts".  I was ecstatic.  Funny how a denial could be such a bad thing!  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Re: So happy- I was Denied Credit!

oops "bad" in last sentance should read "GOOD thing!"  LOL

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.