Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So mad I could just SCREAM!

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: So mad I could just SCREAM!

@mauve wrote:

Yeah, I'd pay off that Chase and then the student loans, then.  I'd also consider not leasing a car next time.  Buying it new is better than leasing, and buying used is even better than that.  I'd also look into what ways I could save around the house - like dealing with any kind of wasted heating/cooling or power saving, etc.

Well said!  I agree with it all 100%

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the awesome advice everyone Smiley Happy

We own one car out-right.  No payments.  Leasing works good for us because we end up with a new vehicle every 4 years.  The payments are low (its through our credit union) and everything is covered under warranty.  My husband is dead-set against buying used for any reason whatsoever.  So what we will do this time is when our current lease is up we will buy the vehicle out and pay it off.  Then we will sell my car which will be 17 years old by that time.  We are the original owners.  Know we will not get much even though its in great condition.  Then we will have the lease paid off and will likely lease another vehicle.  We never put  more than 10k/year in mileage on our vehicles. 

So I will focus on paying off Chase and then my student loans I'll go after aggressively. 

Message 12 of 18
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

If you have a $900k mortgage and pay $60k a year in Day Care services , I think you can afford a Financial Advisor.  I think that's what you need more than "credit" help.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input.  I'll take that into consideration.  It's all relative.  This part of the country is very expensive to live in so it sounds like I live in a mansion or something but I don't.  You could get the same house where my dad lives in Charlotte for less than $250k, but I'd be making a lot less in salary too.

Message 14 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your input.  I'll take that into consideration.  It's all relative.  This part of the country is very expensive to live in so it sounds like I live in a mansion or something but I don't.  You could get the same house where my dad lives in Charlotte for less than $250k, but I'd be making a lot less in salary too.

Let me guess....Northern Virginia??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL...I wish...New Jersey. 

Message 16 of 18
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

I live in North Jersey too, I can relate to the cost of living.

I didn't mean it like "you can afford a FA", I meant it more as in a FA would probably be better suited to solve your problems.  It seems that you have difficulty determining who and what to pay and how much, why investing your money at the same time.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, very valid point.   I will discuss it with my husband.  We keep our bills separate which is why I came here.  My name is legally on our mortgage but he pays the mortgage. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.