Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many questions....

tag
DSFA
Established Member

So many questions....

In reviewing my EQ in a little more detail, (still waiting on TU and EX to arrive by snail mail), I'm noting more and more that I have questions about. I'm sincerely hoping someone who knows what they're talking about can take the time to help me out a little. If someone with knowledge would rather PM, that would be fine.

1. EQ has a previous address listed for me, in another state, in which I never lived. My ex-wife lived at that address after we separated, however I never did. Is this something I should dispute or try to correct? Or is it not really mattering too much? It also does not list my current employer, that I have been with for 13 years, but lists others prior to.

2. While reviewing the online version of the EQ report, it states FRAUD VICTIM. "EXTENDED ALERT". CONSUMER HAS REQUESTED AN ALERT BE PLACED ON THEIR CREDIT FILE. CONSUMER DID NOT PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION." I don't remember doing this, although it may have been years ago when I found out that my ex wife opened up an account in my name by forging my signature. Once confronted, she paid off the account and closed it. I am sure this is hurting my ability to get new credit. Should I have this removed? If so, how do I do that? I thought fraud alerts only lasted 90 days and were then removed. 

3. There is an open account showing a balance of 1213.00, with a past due amount of 1213.00 (120+ days). However in the section where it lists 30, 60, 90+ days late, it lists 0 for all three columns. The 120+ days late is listed at the top as "current status". How can it be both? Worst deliquency is listed as "none reported". 

4. In reviewing the "Fico Score Ingredients" box, it says that my amount of debt is "not good". Other than a couple of collections, my only debt is my car loan (27k). Total past due is 5675.00, total of 2 accounts (not my current car loan). According to the report, one of these is due to fall off in May of this year. I have no credit cards and other revolving accounts, except those from years ago, all with zero balance and paid as agreed. 

5. My old car loan (since paid off with trade-in on my new vehicle 2 1/2 years ago) shows 3 30 day lates. One in Feb 2009, one in June 2010 and one in 2011. It lists the current status as "30 days past due". Not sure what that means exactly as the loan was paid off. I'm assuming my only recourse with this is to GW them and hope for the best since it's a paid account?

There is so much to learn in all of this. I had pretty much given up on having good credit and simply figured I'd have to live without credit the rest of my life, or pay through the nose in interest rates when I did need to get financed for a car etc. Other than my car, I've lived on a cash basis for so long now. I'm so glad I found this forum and have read about the success stories. I'm hoping I can be one of them. 

Current EX score = 622 but dropped to 612 recently with the addition of a new collection (trying to PFD) and an inquiry from Fingerhut. I'm assuming that the fraud alert was the reason they had to do a hard pull and call me to verify my identity. That's probably also why I can't get the shopping cart trick to work. 

I'm anxious to see what's on TU and EQ. Here's hoping there's not much on those that are on EX. 

Thanks in advance for your help. I sure do appreciate it.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So many questions....

@DSFA wrote:

In reviewing my EQ in a little more detail, (still waiting on TU and EX to arrive by snail mail), I'm noting more and more that I have questions about. I'm sincerely hoping someone who knows what they're talking about can take the time to help me out a little. If someone with knowledge would rather PM, that would be fine.

1. EQ has a previous address listed for me, in another state, in which I never lived. My ex-wife lived at that address after we separated, however I never did. Is this something I should dispute or try to correct? Getting all previous addresses deleted is a good idea, it helps cut down on possible ID theft. Or is it not really mattering too much? It also does not list my current employer, that I have been with for 13 years, but lists others prior to. You can go online and get the employer section corrected on each of your CRAs I would delete all previous and add your current.

2. While reviewing the online version of the EQ report, it states FRAUD VICTIM. "EXTENDED ALERT". CONSUMER HAS REQUESTED AN ALERT BE PLACED ON THEIR CREDIT FILE. CONSUMER DID NOT PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION." I don't remember doing this, although it may have been years ago when I found out that my ex wife opened up an account in my name by forging my signature. Once confronted, she paid off the account and closed it. I am sure this is hurting my ability to get new credit. Should I have this removed? It was placed their due to your ex actions, I would just let it stay it means no one can open an account unless they contact you first and that also means yourself (no instant approvals will need to verify it was you who apped) If so, how do I do that? A phone call to the CRAs would get it deleted or a letter to them but as I have said let it be.  I thought fraud alerts only lasted 90 days and were then removed. Simple ones are, extended always with ID Theft

3. There is an open account showing a balance of 1213.00, with a past due amount of 1213.00 (120+ days). However in the section where it lists 30, 60, 90+ days late, it lists 0 for all three columns. The 120+ days late is listed at the top as "current status". How can it be both? They will only list what its max was or is Worst deliquency is listed as "none reported". Interesting

4. In reviewing the "Fico Score Ingredients" box, it says that my amount of debt is "not good". Other than a couple of collections, my only debt is my car loan (27k). Total past due is 5675.00, total of 2 accounts (not my current car loan). According to the report, one of these is due to fall off in May of this year. I have no credit cards and other revolving accounts, except those from years ago, all with zero balance and paid as agreed. 

5. My old car loan (since paid off with trade-in on my new vehicle 2 1/2 years ago) shows 3 30 day lates. One in Feb 2009, one in June 2010 and one in 2011. It lists the current status as "30 days past due". Not sure what that means exactly as the loan was paid off. I'm assuming my only recourse with this is to GW them and hope for the best since it's a paid account? You can dispute it with the CRAs as it cannot be past due and paid off at the same time.

There is so much to learn in all of this. I had pretty much given up on having good credit and simply figured I'd have to live without credit the rest of my life, or pay through the nose in interest rates when I did need to get financed for a car etc. Other than my car, I've lived on a cash basis for so long now. I'm so glad I found this forum and have read about the success stories. I'm hoping I can be one of them. 

Current EX score = 622 but dropped to 612 recently with the addition of a new collection (trying to PFD) and an inquiry from Fingerhut. I'm assuming that the fraud alert was the reason they had to do a hard pull and call me to verify my identity. HP is normal for new account, they called to verify because of the FA. That's probably also why I can't get the shopping cart trick to work. FA will not stop the cart trick. low scores, opting out and a freeze will, the FA will just stop approval of the account until they verify it was you who did it.

I'm anxious to see what's on TU and EQ. Here's hoping there's not much on those that are on EX. 

Thanks in advance for your help. I sure do appreciate it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.