Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many thoughts in one head

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So many thoughts in one head

It's been awhile since I gave my thoughts etc about my personal issues with my credit that I created. I have so many ideas/thoughts that I would like to accomplish but procrastination has won the battle. I did however mail out my PFD out last week and felt okay about that but no satisfied. I think I'm just scared to find out the results afterwards. It feels like I'm doing something wrong, like I mised some information to TRY to get my credit together. A part of me would like to pay someone to do this because I don't feel like I'm doing it right and then the other part of me would like to accomplish something on my own for the first time. My husband lost his job last year in Feb and hasn't found anything as of yet and we're living on 1300 a month with 2 cars, an 8 year old, so again I say, so many thoughts in one head. I don't want to give up but I'm feeling like I'm failing. I'm hoping this meassage would find someone and they could help me play by play. We all use this forum as our own personal journal and thereto it's so many thoughts on one site. Hope this finds you to find me. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So many thoughts in one head

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the hubbies job loss. I've been on that roller coaster ride twice now in the last six years - and its not a fun ride. Honestly, right now I would not worry about trying to repair or rebuild ANYTHING with regard to credit. Instead, concentrate on the necessities of life; keeping a roof over your heads, keeping the lights on and keeping the family fed. Worry about repairing the damage later, when things are more stable. If you have any revolving accounts in good standing currently, I would suggest doing what you can to keep the one with the lowest balance in good standing, in order to make rebuilding easier, when you come out of this. But even if thats not feasible, don't sweat it.

Definitely do not consider paying someone to do this - especially not during a crisis point like you are experiencing now. Your priorities right now are yours and your families well-being, not your creditors.

HTH.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! It is frustrating at times but I think it's because I'm trying to cram everything all at once. I was trying to rebuild my credit to put my family in a home within the next 2 years or so. We're currently living with my mom and grandmother and I guess I just want to have our own. For some strange reason I'm not quite worried about my husband not having a job because I have faith. However HTH, you are absoultely right about focusing on other priorities. I'm just worried that if I don't get around to it now that I will never do it, figured while I'm focused and concentrated then it's best, I'm just confused. Putting all my eggs in one basket...*sigh*

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I'm glad to hear that you at least have a family support system behind you, that makes a huge difference in these kinds of situations. That does kind of put a different light on it. With that in mind what I would suggest is that you concentrate mainly on keeping and maintaining perfect payment history on all CURRENT accounts. Thats whats going to keep you afloat creditwise, until you get more stable financially. Collections I would place on the back burner 'FOR NOW'. What you want to be careful of is anything that has a potential to get worse. That generally applies to Charged Off accounts that have NOT gone to collections, and collections that are inside SOL and have a high possibility of becoming a lawsuit/judgement situation. These are usually collections in which the CA is very active (calling and sending frequent notices), and the amounts are in excess of $500 or so. The most important thing is to keep on top of things.

If you can list what positive accounts you have and whats hitting your credit you'll get some specific pointers.

And by all means KEEP ON READING. It took me a good two weeks of reading all of the messages in here before it really started coming together in my head.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.