cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So much information, I am lost and desperately need help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So much information, I am lost and desperately need help!

Okay long story short, I have been a complete idiot when I was younger and messed up my credit score pretty bad, never really needed a good one per say since I had a nice car, and paid for cash with everything else. However, Im starting to look at buying some property and my score is horrendous. I will list what is negative and hopefully you guys can help me out with the steps I should take or any advice. I've looked on the forums and I am lost with all the information. I apperciate any and all help!

Late payments:

Cap one- 2012 --- Closed/Paid (1) 30 (1) 60 (1) 90 (1) 120+

6 student loans missed payments all on the same month, I was in foreberence so there was an error there. I dont know who to contact.

HSBC/Best Buy - 2013 --- Closed (1) 60 (1) 90 (3) 120+ (43) Unkown

Navy FCU Auto Loan - 2012- Collection/Charge off- No payment history...I was 2 months behind in payments, had an accident, car was wrecked and insurance paid out. I had no idea this was a charge off until I pulled up my CR.

Navy FCU CC- 2011 - closed by consumer...Had this for 4 years and have (5) 30 (1) 60 thats it

USAA CC - 2013 - Closed/Paid...4.5 years..(2)30 (2)60 (1) 90 this is also remarked as Canceled by credit grantor

Verizon 2013 - Collection/Charge off no payment history

Verizon 2009  - Collection/Charge off no payment history

WI electric 2013 - Closed - Derogatory

Collections:

I have two accounts in collections that I am paying off this month.

The WI Electric is with Harris harris, set up payment but didnt ask for pay for delete, should I call back and ask??

The other is for a T-Mobile and I havent called them yet but its with SW credit systems

Derogatory:

The auto loan from NFCU and WI Electric.

That is it for negative activity on my account. Where do I start? I am willing to dedicate any amount of time and energy to try and fix as much as I can!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So much information, I am lost and desperately need help!

First step is to make sure you've got a couple of open, active, revolving accounts established. All the repair work in world won't get your scores up if there's no positives to lift it. Get yourself a couple of secured credit cards - no need to tie up a ton of money, $300 each would be sufficient. If you're still a member of NFCU, thats where I would start.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.