cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So some advice Is needed-

tag
Nysbadmk8

So some advice Is needed-

To make a very long story short,  My "foreclosure" from 2007 from when BOA bought Countrywide Is wrapping up in the next month or two with a deed in lieu agreement with greentree services-

Beyond that,  My Fico- TU- 660, Ex-640 My Eq- 630.  I Have the following cards-

First prem- 375 

First prem- 300

3 Capital ones- 2 where orchard bank, 1 Secured Cap1  (650,250,300)

Credit1- 1025

First National- 800

All are 2-6 years old, with NO baddies.  I would drop the First prems but they are my oldest lines.

I started living a cash life after 2006, and well that hasn't helped me much...

I have 7 CA's  4 are the same company slicing the same debt into 4 CA's..  These fall off in the next month... Or I would be fighting that.

Another is for a 120 dollar cable bill I really thought I paid, one is ANFI, And the other is APEX,  I am working on PDF and GW on those.

Beyond removing the CA's, And the Foreclosure ( Its already 7 years old... Shouldn't be my fault it took them 7 years 3 of these years they have had a signed Deed in lieu) 

What would you guys suggest to help rebuild my profile for hopefully a homeloan in 1-2 years...       I don't think anymore CC's will help...  Maybe better ones will, but I don't want to go overboard, nor do I want to drop off my oldest lines, albeit **bleep** ones. 

I was thinking of going and buying a car....  But I already own 7 cars... And Really have a hard time swallowing a payment for no reason other then to build my profile, but If need be.. I will do it. 

Any comments? Suggestions?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So some advice Is needed-

@Nysbadmk8 wrote:

To make a very long story short,  My "foreclosure" from 2007 from when BOA bought Countrywide Is wrapping up in the next month or two with a deed in lieu agreement with greentree services-

Beyond that,  My Fico- TU- 660, Ex-640 My Eq- 630.  I Have the following cards-

First prem- 375  Close when the AF comes around, same with the 2nd account, they will stay around for up to 10 yrs post close (AAoA)

First prem- 300

3 Capital ones- 2 where orchard bank, 1 Secured Cap1  (650,250,300) Close the secured card

Credit1- 1025

First National- 800

All are 2-6 years old, with NO baddies.  I would drop the First prems but they are my oldest lines. They will stay around up to 10 yrs post close for AAoA

I started living a cash life after 2006, and well that hasn't helped me much...

I have 7 CA's  4 are the same company slicing the same debt into 4 CA's..  These fall off in the next month... Or I would be fighting that. If they dont drop dispute as obsolete

Another is for a 120 dollar cable bill I really thought I paid, one is ANFI, And the other is APEX,  I am working on PDF and GW on those. Good

Beyond removing the CA's, And the Foreclosure ( Its already 7 years old... Shouldn't be my fault it took them 7 years 3 of these years they have had a signed Deed in lieu) 

What would you guys suggest to help rebuild my profile for hopefully a homeloan in 1-2 years...       I don't think anymore CC's will help...  Maybe better ones will, but I don't want to go overboard, nor do I want to drop off my oldest lines, albeit **bleep** ones. 

I was thinking of going and buying a car....  But I already own 7 cars... And Really have a hard time swallowing a payment for no reason other then to build my profile, but If need be.. I will do it. 

Any comments? Suggestions?  

No reason to get a car loan just to show installment activity. Now as far as credit cards, once your file cleans up you will need some prime cards all the ones you have a subprime. I would apply for a FNBO card (their amex branded card is good and you will get a free FICO 08 Bankcard score based on EX every month), Discover (you will get a free TU08 FICO from them every month) and Chase. Apply for a mortgage 1 year prior to the actual mortgage app, this is done just to bring out any scumbags hiding in the closet so they can be dealt with well in advance of the real mortgage app (you dont want them showing up 1 week prior to close and believe me they will if they are out there). Next step would be to purchase your home, once you close get rid of any cards that you have to pay AFs or MFs on their job will be done. Good luck on your journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Nysbadmk8

Re: So some advice Is needed-

I took some of that advice,  I gained a NFCU Visa Platinum with a 10K limit today,  I am going to punt the Cap1 cards, and FP cards when the AF comes around. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.