Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So stumped. New member

tag
Kdizzy
New Visitor

So stumped. New member

Took a nose dive early last year.my scores are 610, 628, and 641. I made a bad move while purchasing my home and just paid derogs (mostly doc bills) without pay for delete. Of course also an F for inquiries that come with mortgages. My CU is doing good now, keeping them below 10%. I just don't know where to go from here to get the score to climb. I only have 3 yrs on credit age. 2 cards (cap1 and orchard. I need advice to help me get on track instead of feeling like crap if I get turned down for a loan. I'm really stuck here .....
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: So stumped. New member

@Kdizzy wrote:
Took a nose dive early last year.my scores are 610, 628, and 641. I made a bad move while purchasing my home and just paid derogs (mostly doc bills) without pay for delete. Of course also an F for inquiries that come with mortgages. My CU is doing good now, keeping them below 10%. I just don't know where to go from here to get the score to climb. I only have 3 yrs on credit age. 2 cards (cap1 and orchard. I need advice to help me get on track instead of feeling like crap if I get turned down for a loan. I'm really stuck here .....

Hi there and welcome.

First, are all of your cards around 10% if so, pay some of them to 0. You ideally only want one card reporting a balance, and that card should preferably be reporting a balance of 1-9% of that card's total limit.

For the derogs that you paid off, search this forum for good will letters, thoughts and ideas. Basically you'll want to flood them with snail mail, email, and faxed letters politely asking them to please delete their item from your credit report now that it is paid off. You may get a lot of "no"s before you get any yesses but then again you might see some successes right away. Just keep at them. See if Cap One will give you a credit limit increase. I don't know any thing about Orchard (though I thought that they too were Capital one now?)

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.