cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So you've rebuilt your credit, NOW WHAT??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So you've rebuilt your credit, NOW WHAT??

I've been asked my opinion about various cards.  My belief is that you app for a card with a stated goal in mind.   Please don't do so because everyone else on MyFico is doing so.  I believe that these are some of the reason a person should app for a card:

1.   You are going to use the card for a specific purpose.  Rewards/travel...if a card is offering certain features that you will use.  

2.  You are going after a "limit fairy".  Cap One with their Venture card is a "Credit Limit Fairy" and you are looking to increase your current limit. And provided that they are offering something else that will benefit you along the way.

3  You are getting a card that gives bonuses, rewards and has a no annual fee benefit and you are looking to balance transfer maybe.  

Aside for those reasons I don't know why a rebuilder who has fixed their credit should app?  Just a tibit.   

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for sharing that! You made my day so far. I am working on my 

Credit. I have low scores right now with a few baddies reporting. EX -530. TU-553 EX-573

My credit cards are: wellsfargo secured card for 300.00 .  Cap 1 secured for 300.00. Just Increased to 600.00 , Credit one card 500.00 just

Increased to 600.00. Quicksilver for 300.00 in credit steps til next 

Month waiting to see what the increase will be. 

All of my cards have a large bal due. I see how important it is to pay 

Them down to less than 15%  .  Your experience and results have motivated me to keep trying. I am 42 years old and I to have never had a score over 650. I hope to be where you are one day. Enjoy those wonderful scores. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The scores vary based on where you get them . My recent scores in the last reply came from the experian website for all three bureaus. 

Message 13 of 15
KeKe1223

Thanks for sharing, great info!
Starting Score: 682
Current Score: 707
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!  I know the feeling.  I just got several new good reward cc's in Nov.  And normally buy and PIF.  You're on your way to a new life!  And Florida, what the heck, I've been here for many years now & LOVE it! Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.