cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sol help

tag
SincerelyGiGi

Sol help

I just want to first say thank you Fico community always so helpful. I have 3 things according to my trans union annual credit report due to drop off this year 2 in June 1 in August, does this happen at the end of the month do I need to notify anyone and does it have any impact on my score. Also if it was sold to a ca a year later is the debt still valid
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sol help

@SincerelyGiGi wrote:
I just want to first say thank you Fico community always so helpful. I have 3 things according to my trans union annual credit report due to drop off this year 2 in June 1 in August, does this happen at the end of the month do I need to notify anyone and does it have any impact on my score. Also if it was sold to a ca a year later is the debt still valid

There are others who know far more than I, but here's what I've learned the past few weeks. The credit agencies have six months to drop something after it hits the seven year period. What you should do is dispute the item that's due to drop off as soon as it hits that point because an agency has to respond to a dispute within 30 days. This shortens the maximum waiting time down to one month from six months.

As far as the SOL, the validity of the debt ties to your last payment date and/or any written communication from you that acknowledged the debt, at least that's how it is in Florida. If you haven't made any payments or had any written communication concerning the account, you should be free and clear if the SOL period is up.

I'm pretty sure this info is correct, if it's not I'm sure a more knowledgable member will be along shortly to correct me Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

No need to notify anyone of anything, it is automatic.  The CA must match the OC so it doesn't matter when it was sold, it will be excluded at the same time.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
GooseGirl
Contributor

Sometimes you can get faster response if you call the CRAs (as opposed to doing the dispute method) YMMV.

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You can contact the CRA and ask for early deletion.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
bigjim1
Established Member

@Shogun wrote:

No need to notify anyone of anything, it is automatic.  The CA must match the OC so it doesn't matter when it was sold, it will be excluded at the same time.

Looking for some direction or advise....my scores are 651 and 698 for myfico, in the last 24 months i have had no problems buying a new car and a new harley at good rates 3.2 and 4.9%...so i thought i have obviously repaired my credit....so i decided to buy another house wanted to use my VA i have never used, two mortgage companies Quicken and Wells Fargo made hard pulls as it turns out with the mortgage side i am only at 598 and 650, ok so my goal is to get those scores up....i found out with myfico that i have two collections on my report.  One was a medical for 88.00, the other is dishnetwork for 34.00.  i did not know about medical and the dish was supposed have been fixed by dish 8-9 months ago...so long story short, i contacted the ca for dish they said if i paid the debt in full they were not willing to delete it, so i said ok i will call you later....the medical one has agreed to send me a letter in writing to delete with payment in full....ok so i think i am good on the medical...now i  got ahold of dish, they had no record of the conversation i had with them 8-9 months ago and that the guy said however we will make an adjustment and send you a email that says you account has a zero balance, i said will you withdraw it from CA, they said no when went to CA it was a valid debt...so they dish sent me the letter showing i have a zero balance on my account....oh yea in the meant time another collection for the exact same 34.00 showed up on my credit report, it says on my credit report original creditor not reported?  So i sent a verification of debt letter to both CA's for the 34.00 and enclosed a copy of the dish email (that clearly shows it came from dish) i told them the info they were reporting was incorrect and i either wanted debt verified or deleted off my credit report.

1.;  should i also dispute with the credit bureus'

2.  do you guys think i will be able to get the dish collection deleted off my report?

3.  In order to qualify for the VA loan i only need my 593 to get to 620...

4.  if all goes well do you think this will give me the points boost i need to get to 620...

Oh forgot to tell you while typing this, i got a score change notice, my 698 just went up to 704, great but i really want the 598 to move up the most.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.