Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sol

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Sol

Any of you with extended SOl like me!! 10 yrs. what do you guys do , try and settle or let sleeping dogs lie ! Midland 8 yrs and 3 months in
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sol

Have they been actively pursuing the debt?

Message 2 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Not that I know? I haven't seen any collection I did see a soft pull last year right before it fell off my reports
Message 3 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Looking to app for mortgage 5/17 don't want any surprises as still over a yr left at that point
Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Looking to app for mortgage 5/17 don't want any surprises as still over a yr left at that point

A mortgage app is going to pull them out of the woodwork but they can only report if its not reached the CRTP max of 7.5 yrs. You might want to get a mortgage lender to pull well in advance of the real pull to see who might come to the table, I suggest at least 7 months in advance.

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is the 8 years you cite based on time since the reported DOFD?

If more than 7 years plus 180 days from DOFD, it is excluded from your credit report even if they were to repott.

The remaining issue would be whether your lender, as part of their application process, will ask for a listing of any unpaid, deliquent debt, and thus become aware by means other than a pull of your credit report.

Best bet is to attempt a settlement.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Any of you with extended SOl like me!! 10 yrs. what do you guys do , try and settle or let sleeping dogs lie ! Midland 8 yrs and 3 months in

Hi Sbrooks.

Since its Midland, I would work on settling with them.  I wouldn't put it past them to wait 3 months before the SOL is ending and bring forth a suit.  Just don't trust them. 

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Sbrooks1 wrote:

A mortgage app is going to pull them out of the woodwork but they can only report if its not reached the CRTP max of 7.5 yrs. You might want to get a mortgage lender to pull well in advance of the real pull to see who might come to the table, I suggest at least 7 months in advance.

+1

I like this thought, as it certainly can't hurt, and will give you a chance to see what your'e dealing with in advance.  Then, you can go from there and plan accordingly.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.