Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Credit Report Questions

tag
misfit928
New Contributor

Some Credit Report Questions

I have question. I just pulled my Fico reports for both EQ and TU. I received a TU increase but EQ remained the same compared to the report I pulled last month. I noticed something on 2 of the old closed cc's that I had some lates on. The TU report no longer lists the late payment dates under payment history but EQ does. These were all due to start falling off at the end of the this year into next.  

Is it possible that these lates could have fallen off already without EQ not updating yet ?  or  Can this possibly have just fallen off for TU?

Anyone else experience this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Some Credit Report Questions

Dates upon which a CRA blocks the reporting of prior delinquencies from your CR are not dates reported by creditors, they are calculated internally by each CRA.

Each CRA is separately responsible for monitorng reported derogs and delinquencies, and determinining when to delete them from your CR.

It is not only possible, but most likely the norm, that deletion by one CRA will occur at separate times from those of another CRA. It has nothing to do with account updating by credtiors.,

The FCRA does not specificy a specifiic date of excluding information from inclusion in a CR.  It sets only a maximum time,.  A CRA can set their deletions to occur at an earlier time,

Message 2 of 3
misfit928
New Contributor

Re: Some Credit Report Questions

I also jsut pulled my fiance's EQ Fico report and she had a Sears card with a couple of 30 and 60 day lates that are set to fall off next year. On her current report, it shows the late payment dates listed under the payment history but it is not marked with a negative indicator . This was marked as a negative account on her report that was pulled like 4 months ago.

Can it be possible that these late payments no longer affect her score but the lates are still listed?  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.