Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Kind Words!!

tag
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

Some Kind Words!!

I just wanted to say a few years ago my scores were high 500s across all credit reports. Yuck, I was a college student that was broke and couldn't pay my cc's. Got in over my head, my fault I should have found a way to pay them off. So of course I had like 4-5 cards go into collections, plus I had a collection with a cable co, and a cell co too.

Fast forward to today...I have a 776 EQ so stay positive! All my baddies are off, and all I did was waited it out. Offered PFD's but got no where sadly. It sucked!! but it was worth it, and hopefully soon I'll have a new home so all of those out there that are frustrated just hang in there it does get better Smiley Wink 

To add, all I have on my reports now are 3 credit cards, and a small paid personal loan. No car loan, no mortgage loan and I got my score up to 776. So you can do it too!! 

Debt free and loving it lol, but bring on that new mortgage too! LOL

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Some Kind Words!!

Awesome and congrats!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

WTG!

Message 3 of 5
CC40
Regular Contributor

I agree!  I was the in the same boat.  I didn't think I would ever see good credt again.  Truly - I had given up on it.  Which wasn't good - because I had little motivation to pay other things on time.  As long as I kept everyone - off my back - I was fine.  Until one day - I decided to aim high and regain my dignity.  I worked hard to pay things off - and clean it up!  So happy I took the challenge to do it! 

Congrats to you!!!!  Feels good, huh?

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

The debt free feeling is the best part.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.