cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Progress

tag
BB42

Some Progress

I came to this site at the beginning of summer, with one card $5K CL with 69% util and 8 unpaid medical collections.  Since then…  (4) of the collections have been paid/deleted (3) paid and closed (hospitals have in house collections that will not delete, but I’m on my second round of letters to the hospital CEO’s...figure it can’t hurt to ask…and ask every 20 days) and the last collection legitimately may not be mine so am working on getting verification of account.

In July I opened a Cap1 QS $1,000 and Cap1 Plat for $2,000, I let the Plat report once at 7%, it has just reported again at $0 and will continue (I don’t use this card).  The QS I got in July but just reported in August.  I use it daily, but it reports at $0.  Credit Union Visa was paid down, and I got a CL increase from $5,000 to $7,500 so my overall util now reports at 7%.  I don’t have a mortgage…yet, but have all on time payments with student and my one installment loan.

Hopefully my scores show in signature line, but I’ve seen some improvements, including a much needed 60point boost in my TU mortgage score (which is the score my credit union lender pays closest attention to).   While my Fico 8’s have averaged a 33point increase, these same actions have resulted in a 1 point decrease in my Experian mortgage score. 

Score watching and predictions can be wacky…but I’m learning from this site and others to implement sound credit management principles.   I have (4) months to settle and let the scores improve so my tier for interest rates can improve when I apply for mortgage in January.  I’m certainly open to any advice or insights

Thanks!

July 1/Sep 4                EQ                               TU                               EX

Fico 8                          632/669                      651/678                      639/673

Mortgage:                   620/649                       612/676                       647/646

1 REPLY 1
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Re: Some Progress

A suggestion for the medical collections would be to google "HIPAA process" and click on the first site that comes up.  That is the best way to handle medical collections.  Sorry i am being vague but I remember a couple years ago we were told that we cant say much more about this process on this forum, copyright laws or something.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

MODS:  if I said something wrong please feel free to edit my post and PM what I did wrong so I dont mess up again.

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.